Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
themib

Re: Evolve (WWNLive)

Post by themib » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:49 pm

I've got a sneaky feeling about Marty Scurll tomorrow. EVOLVE are very high on him, and they're heavily playing up the advice that Paul Heyman gave him at the show in London that Heyman did. Not sure the Thatcher story necessarily needs the title.

SammyJ_D

Post by SammyJ_D » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:07 pm

themib wrote:I've got a sneaky feeling about Marty Scurll tomorrow. EVOLVE are very high on him, and they're heavily playing up the advice that Paul Heyman gave him at the show in London that Heyman did. Not sure the Thatcher story necessarily needs the title.
It needs the title if the alternative is Marty with the title.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:42 pm

themib wrote:I've got a sneaky feeling about Marty Scurll tomorrow. EVOLVE are very high on him, and they're heavily playing up the advice that Paul Heyman gave him at the show in London that Heyman did. Not sure the Thatcher story necessarily needs the title.
I don't know. People thought Hero was surely taking the title last month, but it didn't happen. This story with Catch Point just screams to me that Thatcher is running through everyone. Right now the only people who I could see feasibly beating Thatcher are Riddle or Gulak (since the story there is that Thatcher has never beaten Gulak in Evolve).

wac

Post by wac » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:11 am

I think Riddle should beat Thatcher for the title. I get the whole Thatcher never beating Gulak story but Riddle becoming the new face of EVOLVE after those two screwy finishes earlier in the year is a lot more compelling to me. I like Gulak just fine but Riddle has a lot more upside as champion in my opinion.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:08 am

I thought that was an all around great show. The only downside was some stream issues during the Scurll/ Thatcher match and it returned right at the finish (I saw a few people saying this so I'm assuming it wasn't my end but it was nothing too major, just unfortunate timing)

Past that there was a lot to like here, Evolve has an excellent roster at the moment with clear direction or definition for just about everyone and I really like the returns of Jigsaw and Chucky T, both of whom had good outings. Zack/ Jigsaw in particular was a lot of fun, better than their IPW:UK match from earlier this year with a lot of cool submissions from both men. Gargano/ Alexander was probably my MOTN, though Riddle/ Strong was really good too.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:39 am

I had no streaming issues at all once they actually started the show. I watched via Roku. There were many problems early, but this was before the actual show had started.

As far as the quality of the show itself, it was a very good show. Roddy/Riddle, ZSJ/Jigsaw, and Gargano/Cedric were all great matches.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

Mogel

Post by Mogel » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:01 am

Just got home from Queens and have a few things to say about the show:

-Show started pretty late, no reason given besides *Technical Difficulties*

-Cedric/Gargano was a fantastic opener, loved that it was produced exactly like a CWC match.

-I was actually looking really forward to Galloway Vs. Gulak so I was a bit disappointed that they ran an angle for the tag title match. Same with TJP not wrestling.

-Legit shocked at Chuck Taylor's death and the rebirth of Dustin.

-The EVOLVE Zombie died for our sins/

-Ethan Page squashed some dude. A few dudes were chanting "TAKA Michinoku" at him.

-Popped huge for Jigsaw. Him and Saber had a pretty good match, but due to my seat some bits of their grappling were obscured.

-Riddle/Strong was absolutely mind blowing. I felt the pops in my chest, it hurt so good. This is also my current match of the year absolutely no question about that.

-

-Still not very high on Tim Thatcher but Scrull was putting on an amazing performance. I'd say that I felt Scrull should have won the belt here, but I'm much more comfortable with Riddle keeping his hands on it.

-Tag title match was alright but like I wrote I'd have much preferred the advertised Gulak/Galloway singles match.

-

Also there was an FTW show coming on right after EVOLVE so Adam Rose was there, but...
THE CAPTAIN Image YOUR CAPTAIN

ThreeAndAHalf

Post by ThreeAndAHalf » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Darby Allin is my new favorite wrestler.

wac

Post by wac » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:59 pm

I might cry if BIG DUST shows up in Melrose tonight.

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:49 pm

65 was a very fun show, I really liked the venue. Sabre/Nese and Galloway/Gargano both exceeded my expectations.

wac

Post by wac » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:04 pm

I need a Gresham/Yehi singles match

wac

Post by wac » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:57 am

themib

Post by themib » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:31 pm

More news post the weekend of shows...

*Timothy Thatcher vs. Matt Riddle NO HOLDS BARRED is now officially for the EVOLVE Title on August 19th in Joppa, MD
*Catch Point (Fred Yehi, TJP & Tracy Williams) vs. Drew Galloway, Dustin & Ethan Carter III added to Brooklyn on August 20th
*Two matches for Queens on September 11th - Cody Rhodes vs. Johnny Gargano, and Matt Riddle vs. TJP, which will be an EVOLVE Title match if Riddle is champion
*Marty Scurll is no longer on the August shows due to a personal commitment

maggot

Post by maggot » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:56 pm

Only just noticed Tony Nese and Peter Kaasa are different people.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:19 pm

maggot wrote:Only just noticed Tony Nese and Peter Kaasa are different people.
Love both these guys. Yoked out and lean but work like cruisers.