Evolve (WWNLive)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
DXvsNWO

Re: Evolve 2015

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:11 am

In regards to the WWE/WWN situation, I've seen a few people suggest that Drew Galloway's "indefinite suspension" is a way of writing him out in preparation for a potential deal, since Galloway works for TNA.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Here's the full lineup for the WWNLive Experience in Dallas, Texas. It's interesting to note that they're doing nothing on Thursday this year, and are putting all of their shows on Friday & Saturday:

April 1st, 2016

- Evolve - 4:00 PM
- Viva La Lucha - 8:00 PM
- Kaiju Big Battel - Midnight

April 2nd, 2016

- Evolve - 1:00 PM
- SHIMMER Women Athletes - 4:00 PM
- WWN Supershow: Mercury Rising 2016 - 8:00 PM

All of these events will take place in Eddie Dean's Ranch at Downtown Dallas.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:19 am

Watched Evolve 45 tonight. Great show, in contention for show of the year honestly. I expect that the average person here would be higher on Roddy v. Sabre Jr. than Thatcher v. Galloway, but both were great matches. I'd be surprised if they top that 1,2 punch any time soon.

themib

Post by themib » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:29 pm

About half an hour until EVOLVE 47. Expecting Thatcher and ZSJ to have a really good one, and also fun ones from Gargano/Page and Bailey/Hero.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:39 am

Good show tonight - nice win for Tracy Williams to get against Biff Busick. Bailey/Hero was really good, haven't seen the PWG match yet to compare to it, but that would have been a truly special match to top this one. Not entirely convinced about the viability of crowd brawls these days, which led to Gargano/Page to not get a lot of heat for near the end, but an interesting swerve at the end. And a very good main event, with sensible joint work by Thatcher and ZSJ which led to a logical finish.

SammyJ_D

Post by SammyJ_D » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:34 am

themib wrote:Good show tonight - nice win for Tracy Williams to get against Biff Busick. Bailey/Hero was really good, haven't seen the PWG match yet to compare to it, but that would have been a truly special match to top this one. Not entirely convinced about the viability of crowd brawls these days, which led to Gargano/Page to not get a lot of heat for near the end, but an interesting swerve at the end. And a very good main event, with sensible joint work by Thatcher and ZSJ which led to a logical finish.
Haven't seen the event but on paper these are not two wrestlers I would ever want to see do a crowd brawl.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:56 am

I thought the show last night was really good. Hero/Bailey & Thatcher/Zack Sabre Jr. were the standouts, and Busick/Williams was actually pretty good as well.

Speaking of Tracy Williams, he & Drew Gulak are doing some "Catch Point" gimmick now.

Wind-Up Soup

Post by Wind-Up Soup » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:13 pm

This show wasn't as good as the last Queens show, but the crowd was really hot(at least in person, I've heard they didn't seem that way on iPPV), and it was still fun.

Biff/Hot Sauce was a great opener, and the finish to Gulak/Swann was crazy. I quite enjoy the Catch Point stuff, and how Gulak seemed to adopt a new way of speaking.

Queens LOVED Speedball.

I felt this way after the last Queens show, and last night reaffirmed it: I can't believe how great of a heel manager SoCal Val is.

Gargano/Page killed the crowd a bit- a lot of people didn't know who Page was, since he wasn't on the last Queens show. The Swann turn left everyone sort of scratching their heads too. I like the idea of him and Gargano feuding with the roles reversed, but it's a bit to soon to be revisiting that feud. Hopefully today Gargano brings in Chuck as a surprise(since he was supposed to have a surprise opponent) to face Page and Swann.

Both Jimmy Jacobs and Becky Bayless were in the crowd.

Excited for the show today, which is literally a five minute drive from my house.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:50 pm

Updated card for tonight's show in Deer Park after last night's events...

NON TITLE NO HOLDS BARRED MATCH: Timothy Thatcher vs. Biff Busick
Johnny Gargano vs. Rich Swann
Chris Hero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Trent Baretta vs. Caleb Konley
Mike Bailey & Rey Horus vs. Catch Point (Drew Gulak & Tracy Williams)
Anthony Nese vs. Ethan Page

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:07 pm

The booking of Gargano seems to be very abrupt. Back round May people said his deal with Gabe was up in August and now we are there. He isn't advertised beyond the SMASH Wrestling show next week is he?

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Correct, Gargano doesn't have anything listed on his website after the SMASH booking. I thought it was weird that he wasn't in BOLA so this would make sense.

Gabe's email this morning very much made it sound like Gargano was done after tonight.

SammyJ_D

Post by SammyJ_D » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:35 pm

Honestly, is Gargano one of the top five people that gets people to pay for EVOLVE in 2015?

themib

Post by themib » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:48 pm

Gargano tweeted that he's wrestling Swann "one more time" tonight. Read like a finality rather than the continuation of a feud.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:53 pm

SammyJ_D wrote:Honestly, is Gargano one of the top five people that gets people to pay for EVOLVE in 2015?
I would assume more people pay to see Gargano than Thatcher (and I'm not joking)

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:53 pm

rovert wrote:The booking of Gargano seems to be very abrupt. Back round May people said his deal with Gabe was up in August and now we are there. He isn't advertised beyond the SMASH Wrestling show next week is he?
He did tweet out about having some open dates in the next few months and his contact info. That was the day before the NXT tapings.