Smash Wrestling - Canada's answer to superindy

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
dancecab

Re: Smash Wrestling - Canada's answer to superindy

Post by dancecab » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:00 pm

Highly recommend Candice Vs. Gargano. I usually don't like intergender although Candice seems to always be involved in my exceptions but I thought this was absolutely great. Loved the closing moments and call back to Gold.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:06 pm

The full CANUSA Classic card for September 13th...

*Courtney Rush (CAN) vs. Jessicka Havok (USA)
*Canadian Ninjas (Nicole Matthews & Portia Perez) (CAN) vs. Kimber Bombs (Cherry Bomb & Kimber Lee) (USA)
*Xandra Bale (CAN) vs. Allysin Kay (USA)
*Vanessa Kraven (CAN) vs. Heidi Lovelace (USA)
*Jennifer Blake (CAN) vs. Candice LeRae (USA)
*KC Spinelli (CAN) vs. Veda Scott (USA)
*Jewells Malone (CAN) vs. Sassy Stephie (USA)

trask

Post by trask » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 pm

What is everyone's opinion on the Smash on Demand player? I'm not the biggest fan. That's the only thing I don't like about the service.
Trask Bryant
Founder of Wrestling With Words

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:38 am

I have to agree with you. The major piss off is when I resize the window. I do like how they handle match milestones but the whole thing comes across as clunky. But I don't think it's there fault as much as its pivotshare.

trask

Post by trask » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:03 am

Yeah exactly.
Trask Bryant

themib

Post by themib » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:39 pm

Waiting for SMASH to get its own Roku app.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:31 pm

I'm with you on that. But I don't think it'll happen. What did you guys think of Gargano vs. Candice?

trask

Post by trask » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:58 pm

dancecab wrote:I'm with you on that. But I don't think it'll happen. What did you guys think of Gargano vs. Candice?
...About that. It was a solid main event of another fun Smash show. But, it was worked so weirdly. What I got out of it was that Candice could always reverse her boyfriend's moves, and Johnny used every high impact spot he could think of (not a lot, a la those spots being repeated multiple times) as his 'heelish' Fourth Gunn offence against his special other. Just bizarre stuff sometimes, but it was still, like I said, a fun main event.
Trask Bryant

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:48 pm

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:38 am

I saw that this morning. Kinda feel like I'm crazy for flying out to reseda for PWG lol. Anyways excited. Plus Bailey, Dutt, Kingdom and Dalton Castle for their October show. Interesting note is neither of these shows will be on the day of a ppv.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:44 am

trask wrote:
dancecab wrote:I'm with you on that. But I don't think it'll happen. What did you guys think of Gargano vs. Candice?
...About that. It was a solid main event of another fun Smash show. But, it was worked so weirdly. What I got out of it was that Candice could always reverse her boyfriend's moves, and Johnny used every high impact spot he could think of (not a lot, a la those spots being repeated multiple times) as his 'heelish' Fourth Gunn offence against his special other. Just bizarre stuff sometimes, but it was still, like I said, a fun main event.
Understandable. I loved it live. I really got into it expecting a title chang like the rest of the crowd. The story I got was Candice knew her boyfriend well and took everything that was coming and it took fourth Gunn in order for him to beat her. She looked strong coming out of it.

trask

Post by trask » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:35 am

dancecab wrote:
trask wrote:
Understandable. I loved it live. I really got into it expecting a title chang like the rest of the crowd. The story I got was Candice knew her boyfriend well and took everything that was coming and it took fourth Gunn in order for him to beat her. She looked strong coming out of it.
Agreed though. I get it. Just a tad ridiculous at times. Not trying to undercut it immensely. Candice looks as awesome as ever coming out of it, right there with you on that.
Trask Bryant

themib

Post by themib » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:48 am

Cherry Bomb is off today's show with a broken collarbone that'll keep her out of wrestling for some time, at least the rest of the year, which she suffered in her match with Candice LeRae at WSU last night. The Canadian Ninjas will now be wrestling Allysin Kay and Sassy Stephie.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:48 pm

themib wrote:Cherry Bomb is off today's show with a broken collarbone that'll keep her out of wrestling for some time, at least the rest of the year, which she suffered in her match with Candice LeRae at WSU last night. The Canadian Ninjas will now be wrestling Allysin Kay and Sassy Stephie.
Ugh. I gotta be honest I've only seen Cheery Bomb a few times since women's indie wrestling isn't high on priority list but really starting to like her. So dissapointed I don't get to see her live today.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:14 pm

I felt that this show was mostly strong although I defiantly suffered from lack of care for some matches due to the fact I have so little knowledge of alot of the women. I will be honestly felt most of the first half with the exception of the opener and Veda Scott was skippable. It just didn't really do much for me. The last three matches kept my interest. Candice LaRea was the only American to get non heel fans cheers. There is a section of gyys who just cheer for the heels in every match so we're naturally cheering for USA at a Canadian show. Courtney Rush and Havoc and Bale vs. LaRea are my favorites of the show. Canadian Militia vs. Midwest Militia was good but something sorta felt missing from it.

If I'm being completely honest without spoiling, I did find the booking of the tournament didn't really work with me. I get why it was done from an individual wrestler booking stand point and bucking expectation but from an overall build of a show it really deflated it a bit for me by the time we got to the main event. Overall though I would say it was a good show though.