Smash Wrestling - Canada's answer to superindy

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
dancecab

Re: Smash Wrestling - Canada's answer to superindy

Post by dancecab » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Also announced for the next show was I believe Mike Bailey vs. Sonjay Dutt and Brent Banks vs. Dalton Castle.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:03 pm

Despite card changes something different was pretty fun this weekend. I majorly enjoyed Franky the Mobster vs. Dalton Castle, Over dogs vs. Kingdom, Brent Banks vs. Sonja Dutt and Chuck Taylor vs. Scotty o Shae. I'll be honest the lack of video package or promo of the story so far for Taylor's match I think didn't help the heat in the match. I feel like the crowd had forgotten it was Taylor that cost O Shae the title. It was weird because they cut a promo more based on the baseball game. It was kinda bizarre.

They have announced Pentagon Jr vs. Drago for the next show as well as Courtney Rush vs. KC Spenilli and Davey Richards will be on the show. I don't think Elgin will be on the show as their has been no mention of him other then the tweet earlier in the month. It wasn't promoted at the show nor is he on the poster on the website. This next shows going to be pretty bare with Gargano, Gulak and Taylor being at Evolve and Hero being in NOAH.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:06 am

Tarik vs. Davey Richards announced. Pretty excited. My only productions for the rest of the card based on the poster on this site. Over dogs vs. A heel super smash brothers. Scotty o Shae vs. Kevin Bennet. Brent Banks vs. MIke Orillins and/ or pepper parks

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:28 pm

For those interested. Full Card for this Weekends Smash: 3rd Anniversary show is as follows.

Pentagon Jr. Vs. Drago
Tarik Vs. Mark Andrews
Courtney Rush Vs. KC Spinelli
La Tabernak De Team Vs. Super Smash Brothers
Mike Rollins & Pepper Parks Vs. Overdogs
Scotty O'Shae Vs. Kevin Bennett
Brett Banks Invintational Gauntlet.

I'm super excited for the show. Even more excited they are bringing in Mark Andrews instead of Davey Richards (who has border issues). I'm really enjoying SMASH the more I watch it with people like Scotty O'shae, Brett Banks and Courtney Rush really winning me over. I know they are kinda screwed with the Evolve show being that weekend so Hero, Gulak and Gargano aren't on the card but I still feel this card is still pretty strong. This is probably one of their better shows in terms of paid tickets as all VIP tickets have been sold out for weeks. Obviously people are coming for Pentagon and Drago.

themib

Post by themib » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Hoping SMASH can continue the tradition of indy feds booking Mark Andrews way better than TNA does.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:35 pm

themib wrote:Hoping SMASH can continue the tradition of indy feds booking Mark Andrews way better than TNA does.
Shouldn't be hard. :lol:

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:04 am

Pentagon and Drago had visa issues. Instead we now have Jack Evans Vs. Angelico. I love the two of them but would have preferred them in a tag match against Super Smash Brothers.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:48 pm

dancecab wrote:Pentagon and Drago had visa issues. Instead we now have Jack Evans Vs. Angelico. I love the two of them but would have preferred them in a tag match against Super Smash Brothers.
Same here. Sometimes you just have to play with the hands you were dealt. It sucks that this show has been hit hard by visa issues (Michael Elgin, Davey Richards, now Drago & Pentagon Jr.), but it should still be fun to see Angelico & Jack Evans (maybe Evans will bust out some of that drunk kung fu he used at BOLA).

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:40 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:
dancecab wrote:Pentagon and Drago had visa issues. Instead we now have Jack Evans Vs. Angelico. I love the two of them but would have preferred them in a tag match against Super Smash Brothers.
Same here. Sometimes you just have to play with the hands you were dealt. It sucks that this show has been hit hard by visa issues (Michael Elgin, Davey Richards, now Drago & Pentagon Jr.), but it should still be fun to see Angelico & Jack Evans (maybe Evans will bust out some of that drunk kung fu he used at BOLA).
This is true. I really enjoy them live so not complaining. I just haven't seen them tag live since I only went to night 2 and 3 of Bola.

Mike

Post by Mike » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:12 pm

Smash now has the Anniversary show up on Smash On Demand. They have free trial for two weeks too. I may get it for a month to try it out.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:48 pm

Honestly super fun promotion. Highly recommend. They do a pretty good job at putting together very interesting high quality matches. You can find Hero/Styles, Elgin/Gargano, Hero/Joe, LaRae/Gargano and O'Reilly/Joshua Alexander all in the archives. They run some really strong shows compared to most Canadian indies. I majorly enjoyed the Anniversary show and Super Showdown 3. If you decide to go back and watch in order Any Given Sunday 2 is a great launching point. I used that as a recommendation from the guy in charge of the promotion.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:33 pm

I'm still trying to catch up on SMASH :( . Last show I watched was Challenged Accepted. I loved the Brent Banks/Scotty O'Shea Ambulance Match!

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:48 pm

Smash Wrestling now has a DEV brand of Infinity. Smash regulars will be there as well as guests but mostly based around other local indy guys. I'm not the most familiar with the other guys since I only really attend Smash shows due to either the promotions running days I can never go or I'm not a fan of the atmosphere of the show. I know it sounds dumb but certain fans rub me the wrong way. When your chanting "New Day" or cat calling a very well worked Heidi Lovelace and Jennifer Blake match, I'm turned off. Or the fact Ricochet got ZERO reaction in a match against PJ Black and Rey Mysterio. When your one of four people in the crowd who knows Ricochet you feel out of place.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:30 am

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm not super excited tbh. I find CZW complete garbage despite having a few workers I actually like in other promotions (AR Fox, Callihan, Team Tremendous, I don't even dislike Gulak anymore). I'm just very curious how they handle this and how 'ultraviolent' things will get. I don't think it'll get tooo ultraviolent considering it's a family friendly environment which i'm completely fine with. Speaking of Gulak it shall be interesting to see if he's team CZW or Team Smash.

Anyways, first two matches:
Title Match: Johnny Gargano Vs. Sami Callihan
Super Smash Brothers Vs. Well Oiled Machines (Pepper Parks & Mike Rollins with Cherry Bomb).