TNA: It still exists, kind of!

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Morten VH

Re: TNA 2015: It still exists, kind of!

Post by Morten VH » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:37 am

So what's the deal here? Do i have to vote for the guy i like the least? I wouldn't want either of these three near a TNA ring. They're much better than that.

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:17 pm

I know at least one of the talents are already booked for the tour.

Dixie will most likely announce all three are winners. TNA usually uses a compliment of UK workers for their UK shows.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:20 am

Observer:
Also on the day of the PPV, Davey Richards on Twitter wrote that he’s not taking any indie bookings after 5/1. His current TNA contract, which allows indie bookings (as long as they aren’t ROH, Lucha Underground or WWE), expires on 4/30.

The only place one would go that doesn’t allow indie bookings would either be a full-time ROH deal, and he left ROH with a lot of heat over the nature of his departure, or a WWE deal. While he obviously can’t sign with WWE until after his TNA deal expires, given the type of performer Paul Levesque is trying to get for NXT, Richards fits the bill and a number of sources are all but saying he made that clear on the belief that’s where he’s headed. There is no word right now on Eddie Edwards, whose contract with TNA also expires on 4/30.

He and Edwards had some NXT tryout matches that aired before they signed with TNA. WWE decided against signing them before the tryout was over after a match with The Ascension didn’t go well (even though it was a much better match than the majority of NXT matches at the time). It was at that point they went to TNA.

That was a completely different era of mentality when it came to what types of people WWE wanted in developmental and before they were looking at NXT as the touring brand with all the top indie style workers. There has been interest from WWE in both he and Edwards, and like with so many, both have lost a lot of their “buzz” during their period in TNA even though they have continued to have good matches.

Richards & Edwards left the tapings still as champions, in a program with Crazzy Steve & Abyss, who have a manager, a female clown, who may be Christina Von Eerie.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:00 pm

This week's show was less focussed than last week's show even though the second hour matches were better. Angle/Galloway was very good but the wrong guy went over. The new Anderson interview segment was dreadful though the fact that he is one of my least favorite wrestlers of the last decade may have tainted things (realistically, it would suck either way).

Can't see myself sticking with the show much longer, but I said I'd give it 4 weeks. 2 weeks in and its pretty much same old same old.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:42 pm

Well. There goes Meltzer's WWE talk

Mike

Post by Mike » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:21 pm

Should this now be TNA 2016: The Existence Continues

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:22 pm

Mike wrote:Should this now be TNA 2016: The Existence Continues
The Wrestlecrap awakens

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:29 pm

PKThree wrote:

Well. There goes Meltzer's WWE talk
A tweet from over a year ago doesn't mean anything, both their contracts expire this april.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:15 pm

I miss Eddie in ROH, he was such a good B and C show worker who you consistently got very good matches from. I also miss him in NOAH. :(

Buzz Sawyer

Re: TNA: It still exists, kind of!

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Tried watching TNA the past 2 weeks and I left more confused then before. I doubt i'll give them another chance.
Who's Rob Viper ?

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Two weeks into their new home and Comcast has decided to make it harder for people to find PoP TV. I short they moved it to a more expensive cable package.

http://my.xfinity.com/channelhelp/

That's a shame, I actually wanted to see Impact and I had it after a year, now it's off my TV again. FWiW, it looks like PoP is still going to show re-runs on their website.

mancraig

Post by mancraig » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:05 pm

eh, i agree that the first week was pretty bad but I really enjoyed Angle vs. Galloway on week 2. Probably in the ***1/2-***3/4 range.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:08 pm

So of course TNA decided that Big Damo, Jimmy Havoc and Will Ospreay will all be on the UK Tour, rendering the poll they had all week long meaningless.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:30 pm

Shock

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:44 am

Hey, I'm happy, there is no such thing as bad publicity (ok there is, but not in this case. I know a little about Ospreay but I have never seen any of these guys work, so it will be interesting.