F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
themib

Re: F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by themib » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:32 am

Al's going to the Torch now. Fewer reasons to stay around F4W, waiting for the Awards issue and I'll likely cancel after then.

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:52 am

If this forum was more active I'd cancel. This site does everything better but the forum is good during work

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:15 pm

Is this a classic example of NO BUYS? Perfect day for my brief renewal to lapse again.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:01 am

If supersonic cancels, there goes 99% of his content.

The Booker T/Sam Roberts podcast is the weirdest shit I've ever heard. Dave from day 1 of that stupid Booker/Corey thing said it was a work, and then on their podcast they spent time saying they fooled Meltzer. I'm starting to think that whenever someone thinks of Wade Keller or Barasso or whoever, they just say "meltzer" as this all encompassing term for wrestling writers.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:44 am

ODonnell wrote:If supersonic cancels, there goes 99% of his content.
What makes you jump to that incorrect perception? Observer content makes for a very small percentage of my contributions here. Your fault if you don’t notice that because I happen to irritate you or whatever silly non- justification you’ll come up with in response.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:59 pm

Dave got worked by some dumbass director and some convict over LUTHER FUCKING REIGNS.

Dave is washed up, end of story.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:11 pm

Are we all just hate subscribing at this point, or is there legitimately enough good stuff (other hosts, archives, ect) to justify the $11? I never grew up on him so this is a little easier, but I quit over a year ago in a purge of multiple services to see if I'd miss them. And I don't. Similar to how it's hard for new fans to get into WWE because of their weird speaking language, being off the shows for months now, I can't get back into WOR and B&V at all because of how oddly everyone talks. And it's not just supes, but it's everyone offering little peaks behind the paywall to basically keep me up to date with useful information, so why bother? Tipping 3-4 patreons is a much better use of money, at least for me.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:07 pm

TGD287 wrote:Are we all just hate subscribing at this point, or is there legitimately enough good stuff (other hosts, archives, ect) to justify the $11? I never grew up on him so this is a little easier, but I quit over a year ago in a purge of multiple services to see if I'd miss them. And I don't. Similar to how it's hard for new fans to get into WWE because of their weird speaking language, being off the shows for months now, I can't get back into WOR and B&V at all because of how oddly everyone talks. And it's not just supes, but it's everyone offering little peaks behind the paywall to basically keep me up to date with useful information, so why bother? Tipping 3-4 patreons is a much better use of money, at least for me.
I honestly don't even know anymore. I usually read the front end stories, but rarely finish an issue anymore. I can't stand any of his or Bryan's audio and with Alan at the torch, there's really not much to make it worth it.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:25 pm

I've had to think long and hard about this recently. I read some of the Observer but it's never a front to back read anymore. I listen to some Bryan & Vinny retro reviews but I can certainly live without them. I hate listen to Observer Radio but find the POST Wrestling recaps far better.

It was really an Alan thing for awhile but with him gone I do have to think if its the best use of my money every year.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:26 pm

I cancelled during the Elgin mess and am happy to have freed up the listening time; and yeah Post wrestling show recaps are worlds better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:41 pm

Without blowing smoke up anyone's ass I really think this website does everything better. The podcasts here are exceptional and cover such a wide range of topics, plus stuff like the G1 comps they run are fantastic.
The only reason i still subscribe to the Observer is for the Board mainly. I know it's generally quite shit but its very active which this board isn't yet sadly. It's good when i'm working to scan and read

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:43 pm

mlev76 wrote:Dave got worked by some dumbass director and some convict over LUTHER FUCKING REIGNS.

Dave is washed up, end of story.
1. Did anyone read the post? Luther is ALSO a client on the dude. He wasn't saying the Reigns was Luther as people who clearly didn't read it think.
2. A guy says he has proof Reigns was a client. Dave even in the latest observer says "if this is even a legitimate story" I dont see the issue here, is he not supposed to cover it?

I've been a patreon for John and Wai, and while I do enjoy some of the content, I'm left insanely underwhelmed by Wai. He's so low energy, and most recaps its like John is pulling teeth trying to get Wai engaged. Like shit, I disagree with Alvarez on most WORs in general, but at least they both engaged.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:04 pm

As soon as Fightful launched, you never needed F4W again for real-time WWE podcasting.

OptionZero

Post by OptionZero » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:51 pm

I follow Fightful and Voices of Wrestling (with Patreon) - why do I need the observer again?

Throw in Bix and the Wrestlenomics crew and you pretty much got everything covered

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 pm

Fair to say the Martin/Coughlin debacle was F4W’s version of Starrcade ‘97?