F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: F4W/Observer-Is it still worth paying for?

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:44 pm

So, was the board disabled? Or did I get banned or something?

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:00 pm

The Board is up and running like normal.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:06 pm

Then I guess I am banned. And since I have barely posted there in the past two months, pretty clear why that is....

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:18 pm

It would clearly tell that you are banned. Check to see if there was a glitch on renewing an auto sub.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Yup, there it is. Thanks!

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:43 pm

dave's rant today on WOR today was worth this month's subscription price.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:04 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:dave's rant today on WOR today was worth this month's subscription price.
I keep seeing people say this so I'm interested. I wonder how Talking Sheet will present this on TS Prime.

cheapshot

Post by cheapshot » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:dave's rant today on WOR today was worth this month's subscription price.
It was glorious and I agreed with it 100%
wrestlingeye.libsyn.com

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:23 pm

JML wrote:
I keep seeing people say this so I'm interested. I wonder how Talking Sheet will present this on TS Prime.
here's an indicator:
"@prowrestling Just a reminder, you can still get signed copies of Dave's two for-profit books reprinting obits of dead wrestlers, Tributes 1 & II"

should be fun

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Meh.

He sounds personally insulted over something he has nothing to do with. He really just joins in the cacophony of overreaction.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
JML wrote:
here's an indicator:
"@prowrestling Just a reminder, you can still get signed copies of Dave's two for-profit books reprinting obits of dead wrestlers, Tributes 1 & II"

should be fun
Guessing many of the key audio quotes will be taken from behind the paywall and played for free.

I get his complaint, but to try to compare a company releasing a DVD against the family's wishes, to rereleasing obits in a format that's much easier to distribute (not everyone is a 15 year subscriber and already has the articles), is lame.

Parasol

Post by Parasol » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:42 pm

TGD287 wrote:
Jeff Hawkins wrote:
JML wrote:
here's an indicator:

should be fun
Guessing many of the key audio quotes will be taken from behind the paywall and played for free.

I get his complaint, but to try to compare a company releasing a DVD against the family's wishes, to rereleasing obits in a format that's much easier to distribute (not everyone is a 15 year subscriber and already has the articles), is lame.
Yeah, it's not even in the same ballpark. Not at all a valid argument.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:44 pm

I wasn't going to listen to it because of the exploitive "epic rant" tweets, but I got curious and listened. Really not a rant as much as a pretty succinct assessment of what happened and what should have/not happened. I kinda find it interesting that Dave didn't mention the ultimate exploiter of deaths (World Class), but that may have just been oversight. Kinda funny that one of his examples was someone he has gone on record as saying he 'rigged' the HOF voting to get him in.

In terms of the ESPN thing, it's silly. Everyone knows what the WWE deal is and anyone expecting actual hard hitting coverage is being purposely obtuse or they are just looking for a reason to complain. And even if it was sincere, anyone who has followed ESPN and their (non) coverage of the NFL scandals the last few years and how they basically torpedoed one of their biggest stars because he wouldn't keep his mouth shut should be all the information you need to know about ESPN's dedication to journalism. If they weren't gonna hold Goodell's feet to the fire over a real, major issue, why would they do so over a stupid wrestling angle?

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:32 pm

personally for me, listening to Meltzer be angry/annoyed was nice vs. defeated by dumbness

Mr. B

Post by Mr. B » Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:55 pm

Cancelled my 6 year sub this morning. The board admin drove me away. Shout out to the guy who reached out to me on FB and directed me to come here!