WWE NXT 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Shining Wiz

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by Shining Wiz » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Playing a bit of devil's advocate here, but after winning, Joe told Balor to go to the back of the line. He was upset that Regal gave him a title rematch. So in that sense, Joe trying to escape right off the bat made sense in that he a) didn't want to be facing Balor again, and b) wanted to screw Balor out of a chance to regain the title.

I've got nothing for not running out the door later in the match though. I also generally hate escape rules in cage matches.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:42 pm

I think you can explain the door spots. The story with Finn is he just wants the belt, so him crawling out is okay. And the second one with Joe where he just throws his hands up and goes for it because he thinks Finn can't fight back didn't bother me as much as the early one. It really is more the moments where one guy is knocked down and the only possible reason for not going for the door is 'if I go for the door, he's going to have to miraculously stop selling and grab my ankle'.

Owen/Bret worked story wise, but it also worked because they were (as best I can remember at least) so careful to not have moments where one guy could clearly escape if they wanted but didn't.

For what it's worth, I still liked the match, but it's probably better out of context.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Firmly on Team Lock The Door.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Imagine if Finn or Joe just walked out the door to end the rivalry.That would be horrible. So, yeah Lock the damn door
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:15 am

Joe Lanza wrote:Firmly on Team Lock The Door.
The door should only be used for emergency reasons or Bruno/Hansen finishes

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:17 pm

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:39 pm

What a weird way to debut him, but I kinda like that they keep pushing how anything can happen at their live events

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 pm

I always thought Bobby Roode was tailor made for the WWE. Got the look and the ring style that usually does it for the powers that be in the E.

I'm very interested to see what becomes of the post-Indie-NXT (or should we call it TNXT?)...Joe @ the top and a slew of former "major leaguers"...its definitely a different era with perhaps some more well seasoned talents on the roster.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Firmly on Team Lock The Door.
I'm firmly on Team HOLD THE DOOR

RIP, Brother.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:23 pm

I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet, but NXT Takeover in Brooklyn looks to be sold out. Already got my tickets, but if you search through ticketmaster for even a single one nothing comes up.

Last year's took 3 weeks to sell out, this took about 2 days of pre sale and 1 day of official going on sale.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:05 pm

ODonnell wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet, but NXT Takeover in Brooklyn looks to be sold out. Already got my tickets, but if you search through ticketmaster for even a single one nothing comes up.

Last year's took 3 weeks to sell out, this took about 2 days of pre sale and 1 day of official going on sale.
I think last year's Brooklyn show was truly the catalyst for making NXT a big arena draw. So, not surprising in the least that it sold out quickly.

mprentice84

Post by mprentice84 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:15 pm

ODonnell wrote:I don't think I've seen anyone mention this yet, but NXT Takeover in Brooklyn looks to be sold out. Already got my tickets, but if you search through ticketmaster for even a single one nothing comes up.

Plenty of people were unable to get seats on the presale and nearly 3,000 ticket are on StubHub alone. Ticket bot/re-seller situation is out of control. I pray that TicketMaster is someday subject to a major class action lawsuit over this.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:28 pm

I couldn't get tickets during the pre-sale or the general on sale. This has been my general experience with Ticketmaster these days.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:53 pm

mprentice84 wrote:

Plenty of people were unable to get seats on the presale and nearly 3,000 ticket are on StubHub alone. Ticket bot/re-seller situation is out of control. I pray that TicketMaster is someday subject to a major class action lawsuit over this.
Oh believe me, I know. I couldn't get a single ticket, the ticketmaster website said "Max 8 per person" and then at 5 fucking minutes after the pre sale there were ENTIRE ROWS available, 1-16 available on stubhub at 3x the value. I got pissed off, didn't want to sit in the upper deck (its a nightmare at Barclays center, fucking steep as hell) so I went on stubhub and paid 3x face value for lower bowl tickets.

There's been a lot more movement for having heavy fines for scalpers using bots now, even more so with what's going on with the Broadway show "Hamilton" in the NY Area. Right now if a scalper gets caught, it's a small fine and no big deal. But that will be changing soon.

Former CEO of ticketmaster did a good write up about why you're screwed in getting tickets for the The Ringer
https://theringer.com/ticket-industry-p ... .4juiqp949

ronpeppers

Post by ronpeppers » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:26 pm

Baffling that scalping is still a thing in 2016, never really understood who benefits from it being a thing. Seems like the work of a minute for companies to write apps that let the venue do random spot checks or whatever.

Guess people paying a grand for a ticket are bound to be hyped, so there's that I suppose.