WWE NXT 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Skyjacker

Re: WWE NXT 2016

Post by Skyjacker » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:37 am

Anyone else annoyed that they wait until the next takeover for the rematch instead of the next taping?

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:40 am

Skyjacker wrote:Anyone else annoyed that they wait until the next takeover for the rematch instead of the next taping?
Sometimes it makes things inordinately slow, for sure. I think a few more TV title shots would help lubricate things. But it's not an absolute bad, and often it's the right booking choice.

The Joe/Nakamura match does feel too obligatory, but I think it's more the build than the decision to shoot it at TakeOver.

Skyjacker

Post by Skyjacker » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:00 am

Garuda wrote: Sometimes it makes things inordinately slow, for sure. I think a few more TV title shots would help lubricate things. But it's not an absolute bad, and often it's the right booking choice.

The Joe/Nakamura match does feel too obligatory, but I think it's more the build than the decision to shoot it at TakeOver.
It often feels like they could be developing up and coming talent faster. I guess it's more nothing on the weekly tv show feels big.

Joe/Nakamura feels like it could be settled on T.v for sure. The feud feels so padded.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:26 am

Skyjacker wrote:
Garuda wrote: Sometimes it makes things inordinately slow, for sure. I think a few more TV title shots would help lubricate things. But it's not an absolute bad, and often it's the right booking choice.

It often feels like they could be developing up and coming talent faster. I guess it's more nothing on the weekly tv show feels big.

Joe/Nakamura feels like it could be settled on T.v for sure. The feud feels so padded.
I think the Joe/Nak rematch is worth the spacing (if it were done better), but I agree fully with everything else you said.

I worry sometimes that when I criticize that I'm too much a fan not understanding the business. And I can't imagine how little I know about how NXT actually works. To that point, I'd say that there could easily be a good reason that talent development isn't happening at as interesting a pace as before. Perhaps it's simply depletion, as I've said before. They good stuff is out of NXT so we're left primarily with older indie stars that they're not eager to promote and less-impressive Performance Center JAGs.

But having qualified all of that, it absolutely feels like they could be developing talent faster. They've still got a lot of talent on that roster and I'm not confident that even 20% are being booked in a way that's utilizing them to their growth or potential.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:19 am

Roddy's Florida live event debut. But what caught my eye is Tommy cutting promo in a suit. A suit is usually symbolic of someone NXT thinks of a top guy.

Normally people do they introductory promo in a shirt and flip flops or whatever.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:49 pm

rovert wrote:The jury is very much out for me but Gabe is more right than wrong in his predictions:

I could def see NXT champ.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:00 pm

This week's show was solid, but having a show devoted entirely to the tag tournament really kept the other storylines in neutral. Not the end of the world, but given that we get both semi-finals next week, not much time for not much else.

I'm still curious about the 16th tv show. If they're done with the taped tournament matches next week and as far as I know, the Full Sail stuff will have all already aired, then what could be on that show?

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:15 pm

A new referee Darryl Sharma from Toronto:

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:32 pm

Forgive me if this has been covered, but why hasn't WWE signed Deonna Purrazo, Tessa Blanchard, or Rachael Ellering to work NXT full time?

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:36 pm

mlev76 wrote:This week's show was solid, but having a show devoted entirely to the tag tournament really kept the other storylines in neutral. Not the end of the world, but given that we get both semi-finals next week, not much time for not much else.
Had the same feeling by the end. The show accomplished something, but even going back to the 80s i've never been a fan of the 'cut to different matches from around the country' style of show. That said, as a one-off that actually had a purpose, It was fine.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Tommy End

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:27 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:17 am

What two stars he'd draft to SmackDown from NXT right now:

"That's really, really tough. I would love to have Nakamura just because I roomed with him for a long time, well not a long time a short time actually, but I've known him for a long time. And Samoa Joe too, there are so many great people down there. The women's champion Asuka is really good, I love Austin Aries, Bobby Roode is really good, there are so many good guys down there it is hard to pick just two."
Meltzer a couple of weeks ago reported there were no plans currently to call Nakamura up to the main roster. Which I personally took as meaning Samoa Joe is being called up.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:45 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:04 am

Possibly related. There's a contingent of higher level indie talent touring STARDOM at the of turn of the year.