Ricochet to WWE imminent?

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
NiGHTS

Ricochet to WWE imminent?

Post by NiGHTS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:53 pm

Ricochet followed Triple H on Twitter, then came out with this tweet:

Went on to repost an NXT related tweet, and also the picture of HHH and Gabe. These don't amount to anything concrete, but check this out from an hour ago:

Throw in the reports of WWE being interested with these tweets and you got something. Do you guys think Ricochet to WWE is imminent?

thecubsfan

Re: Ricochet to WWE imminent?

Post by thecubsfan » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:14 pm

The second Twitter message probably has to do with a match he had on the Lucha Underground tapings.

Pro Wrestling Sheet said he's signed thru 3 seasons. If it's the same deal as Hernandez - who wasn't legally allowed to go to TNA until after his season aired and then he got a release - Ricochet probably wouldn't be able to go to WWE until at least July of 2017 unless there's some contract issue.

NiGHTS

Post by NiGHTS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:21 pm

thecubsfan wrote:The second Twitter message probably has to do with a match he had on the Lucha Underground tapings.

Pro Wrestling Sheet said he's signed thru 3 seasons. If it's the same deal as Hernandez - who wasn't legally allowed to go to TNA until after his season aired and then he got a release - Ricochet probably wouldn't be able to go to WWE until at least July of 2017 unless there's some contract issue.
Oh okay, didn't know about the 3 seasons. Everyone's saying 7

But yeah that "no matter what happens in my career" part of the tweet, it just seems like theres something to it. Really strange wording.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:25 pm

If you judge the season 2 spoilers, especially Ultima Lucha, you definitely can be lead to believe some things about Ricochet based on them.

My prediction on late 2016 - 2017 is that NXT will be headlined by Cole, Ricochet, and Sabre Jr as Finn/Zayn/Joe all move up.

NiGHTS

Post by NiGHTS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:33 pm

ODonnell wrote:If you judge the season 2 spoilers, especially Ultima Lucha, you definitely can be lead to believe some things about Ricochet based on them.

My prediction on late 2016 - 2017 is that NXT will be headlined by Cole, Ricochet, and Sabre Jr as Finn/Zayn/Joe all move up.
That prediction doesn't feel that far off the mark. Crazy times we're living in.

And La Sombra, don't forget about La Sombra! :P

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:35 pm

NiGHTS wrote:
thecubsfan wrote:The second Twitter message probably has to do with a match he had on the Lucha Underground tapings.

Oh okay, didn't know about the 3 seasons. Everyone's saying 7

But yeah that "no matter what happens in my career" part of the tweet, it just seems like theres something to it. Really strange wording.
I think if you've seen/heard the spoilers and also look at his style of wrestling, it makes complete sense.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:47 pm

NiGHTS wrote:
ODonnell wrote:If you judge the season 2 spoilers, especially Ultima Lucha, you definitely can be lead to believe some things about Ricochet based on them.

That prediction doesn't feel that far off the mark. Crazy times we're living in.

And La Sombra, don't forget about La Sombra! :P
I forgot about La Sombra.

If anyone listened to the Sam Roberts podcast with Adam Cole on it, Cole was talking a lot about how he realized the importance of a guaranteed deal after his injury. He's accomplished a lot in ROH, I think after his PWG return stuff is fulfilled in his mind, he'll make the move over to NXT.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

Ricochet and Triple H had a positive public interaction at EVOLVE.

Even heading into that weekend people were talking like it was a foregone he was WWE bound.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:09 pm

I didn't read any posts in this thread, just wanted to stop by and say the very thread itself and especially its name are highly suggestive and kind of an asshole move towards all of us who want to stay spoiler-free for Season 2. As if the wastelands of Twitter aren't enough, you had to bring the fucking subject inside this relatively small community. Because reasons.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:29 pm

What's the deal with the 7 seasons vs. 3 seasons thing?

NiGHTS

Post by NiGHTS » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Chismo wrote:I didn't read any posts in this thread, just wanted to stop by and say the very thread itself and especially its name are highly suggestive and kind of an asshole move towards all of us who want to stay spoiler-free for Season 2. As if the wastelands of Twitter aren't enough, you had to bring the fucking subject inside this relatively small community. Because reasons.

Peep the question mark in the title. It's all speculation, every bit of it....Its not rumors from an official source that they're bashing over our heads with like the AJ Styles situation. There's absolutely no concrete proof that he's going, or any spoilers in this thread. Wtf?

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:10 pm

NiGHTS wrote:
Chismo wrote:I didn't read any posts in this thread, just wanted to stop by and say the very thread itself and especially its name are highly suggestive and kind of an asshole move towards all of us who want to stay spoiler-free for Season 2. As if the wastelands of Twitter aren't enough, you had to bring the fucking subject inside this relatively small community. Because reasons.

Peep the question mark in the title. It's all speculation, every bit of it....Its not rumors from an official source that they're bashing over our heads with like the AJ Styles situation. There's absolutely no concrete proof that he's going, or any spoilers in this thread. Wtf?
Don't feed him.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:20 pm

Yes, the question mark changes everything. What was I thinking?

wac

Post by wac » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:26 pm

What are you talking about

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Shining Wiz wrote:
NiGHTS wrote:

Don't feed him.