WWE Cruiserweight Classic

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ayaashm

Re: WWE Cruiserweight Classic

Post by ayaashm » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:03 am

RobViper13 wrote:
ayaashm wrote:Dave said WWE went to Super Crazy to look for international talent.
To be exact - Cubs did the detective work to make that connection just before the full list of participants was announced and wrote about it in his daily update. Kris took that thought and re-wrote it in his daily update which is where Dave read it and regurgitated it on the radio show. To be fair to Kris, I never heard that podcast referenced earlier in the thread so maybe when he mentioned Sombra recruiting people he also mentioned Super Crazy being the main WWE contact. Although I hadn't seem him even hint at it before Cubs connected the dots.

Mascara Dorada is not signed secretly but is on a list of a select few CMLL guys who WWE is aware of and as soon as they are offered deals they are going. There is no reason for CMLL/Paco Alonso to get mad or deny Dorada the opportunity as they already know the writing is on the wall. If WWE wants him, they'll take him when they are ready. In the meantime CMLL is happy to use those guys because why wouldn't they?

This is the exact opposite of the 2011 tryout deal & Mistico leaving where everything was done in secret behind CMLL's back and the company was made to look foolish when certain reporters in Mexico knew what was going on before top ranking officials in the company. Mistico had major heat but was never on Paco Alonso's shitlist like certain people claimed. He mended fences quickly & had outside the ring dealings with the Alonso family that made a Konnan/Santo/Pena/Pirata Morgan style cold war impossible. CMLL/Paco instead took out their frustrations on others (free plug: Check out Alfredo's transciption of the Konnan/Hijo Del Fantasma interview from the new MLW Radio).

Hey! Thanks for citing different sources with your comment. Dave just mentioned Super Crazy and keft it at that,gave no details further about it,so thanks for this.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:40 am

Tajiri can still go, he had some kickass matches in his own little indies in Japan couple years back. But then again, I don't remember witnessing a new Tajiri since early 2015.

I'm happy for Dorada and he'll get signed mos def, but then again I'm sad because he'll be gone in CMLL, which means Super Porky and Mephisto will still be a thing in main events. Dorada felt rather fresh in 2016 coming off his New Japan guest tour.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:44 am

Joe Lanza wrote:From an entertainment standpoint I have no use for Tyson Dux or Brian Kendrick. Kendrick hasn't given a shit in years, and I still have the taste from his terrible DGUSA and NJPW runs in my mouth. Dux has never done a thing for me and is sort of a JAG, albeit an athletic JAG.

I know people are excited about Tajiri, and he's one of my all time faves, but I can't remember the last time I liked one of his matches. He has the look of a guy who is very much washed up. His appearance should be fun though, and I totally get why guys like him & Kendrick were included.
I respect your opinion, but probably have not checked out his AIW work, did you know Hot Sauce Entertainment is the most entertaining thing wrestling, he even made Tracy Willams entertaining

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:52 am

HeadCheese wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:From an entertainment standpoint I have no use for Tyson Dux or Brian Kendrick. Kendrick hasn't given a shit in years, and I still have the taste from his terrible DGUSA and NJPW runs in my mouth. Dux has never done a thing for me and is sort of a JAG, albeit an athletic JAG.

I know people are excited about Tajiri, and he's one of my all time faves, but I can't remember the last time I liked one of his matches. He has the look of a guy who is very much washed up. His appearance should be fun though, and I totally get why guys like him & Kendrick were included.
I respect your opinion, but probably have not checked out his AIW work, did you know Hot Sauce Entertainment is the most entertaining thing wrestling, he even made Tracy Willams entertaining
I don't follow AIW, so I can't say I've seen his stuff there. I watched a lot of SMASH in 2015, where he pops up frequently.

I don't really have anything against Dux, he's just a guy who never particularly connects with me, and I've seen him a million times so from that perspective I'd rather see an up and comer in that spot who I've never seen before. I'm sure he'll do fine.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Watched Dux a bunch of times in AAW and SMASH and I'm the same way, he's never done a thing for me either. Seems like a super dry, super vanilla, mid-2000s NWA "guy" I've seen him in hardcore matches, matches with good workers, matches with great workers, matches with bad workers and he always just seems to be...average. Haven't seen his AIW stuff though, so I can't speak to that.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:47 pm

I like how its not just a BEST OF DA INDIES tournament with all of the usual cast of characters but there are some deeper cuts in the tournament that should be fun to see in this environment. Nice roster with guys truly from around the world with a lot of competing styles.

I'm definitely all-in.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:51 pm

re: Tyson Dux

Someone has to eat falls during this thing.

tamaimbo

Post by tamaimbo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Obviously a lot of it will be clearer if we get brackets, but trying to look at the list and figure who makes it through. I figure the 14 below are closest to locks either because they qualified in actual matches, have gotten focus on WWE social media, or just because they are big enough names that they probably aren't coming just for a one and done situation. Could see Gallagher, Dar, Dorado, Alexander or Lun being upset in the first round if there's someone they really like. I also imagine at least one of the vets (Kendrick and Tajiri) will get through just to keep a mainstream WWE name in it. What do others think?

ZSJ
Gallagher
Dar
Perkins
Gulak
Dorado
Tozawa
Alexander
Ibushi
Gargano
Ciampa
Swann
Metalik
Ho Ho Lun

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:03 pm

tamaimbo wrote:Obviously a lot of it will be clearer if we get brackets, but trying to look at the list and figure who makes it through. I figure the 14 below are closest to locks either because they qualified in actual matches, have gotten focus on WWE social media, or just because they are big enough names that they probably aren't coming just for a one and done situation. Could see Gallagher, Dar, Dorado, Alexander or Lun being upset in the first round if there's someone they really like. I also imagine at least one of the vets (Kendrick and Tajiri) will get through just to keep a mainstream WWE name in it. What do others think?

ZSJ
Gallagher
Dar
Perkins
Gulak
Dorado
Tozawa
Alexander
Ibushi
Gargano
Ciampa
Swann
Metalik
Ho Ho Lun

I can totally see a guy like Taijiri or Kendrick putting over the eventual winner of the tournament somewhere in the quarter finals or even the semis. I definitely see them in there to put over guys and give them the kind of rub the other wrestlers in this tournament cannot provide. As for the winner, I still think it is down to Ibushi, ZSJ or Gargano.

It would be cool to see VOW do some sort of pick em for this. [cough cough]

tamaimbo

Post by tamaimbo » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:23 pm

I figure final four will be Ibushi, ZSJ, one of Swann/Gargano/Ciampa, and then a fourth who I would imagine would not be from the same country as the other three (maybe Metalik)?

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:42 pm

"Daivari aims to finish his opponents off with a move he calls the Magic Carpet Ride"

wow what

Also, two things: First I'll take a beat to reaffirm how pumped I am for this Classic. The list looks amazing. Second, I wouldn't go into it thinking that the people they're signing/intered in are necessarily going to be the ones making it through the early rounds. I'm confident that they want to show off certain guys, but I bet some of the Gargano/Ciampas of the world will go down earlier then you'd think.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Garuda wrote:"Daivari aims to finish his opponents off with a move he calls the Magic Carpet Ride"

wow what

Also, two things: First I'll take a beat to reaffirm how pumped I am for this Classic. The list looks amazing. Second, I wouldn't go into it thinking that the people they're signing/intered in are necessarily going to be the ones making it through the early rounds. I'm confident that they want to show off certain guys, but I bet some of the Gargano/Ciampas of the world will go down earlier then you'd think.
I believe his brother also used a move called the magic carpet ride prior to WWE which was a diving splash. I've heard he sometimes held a rug before doing it. Also, Aliyah in NXT has used a moved called the Magic Carpet Ride.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Grammarian wrote:
Garuda wrote:"Daivari aims to finish his opponents off with a move he calls the Magic Carpet Ride"

wow what

I believe his brother also used a move called the magic carpet ride prior to WWE which was a diving splash. I've heard he sometimes held a rug before doing it. Also, Aliyah in NXT has used a moved called the Magic Carpet Ride.
I know Shawn used the rug in at least one WWE dark match, prior to the debut with Hassan. But yeah, doubt his brother will be using it here.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:58 am

I have no idea if they plan to release it beforehand but I'm pretty sure they have the first round bracket put together + a guy in mind they want to win in the end. My basis is I know at least two guys who know who they're working already. But I fully believe after the first round the tournament will likely be tweaked if they see a guy is getting over good. I'm not saying they'll change the winner but it's not like they have it set in stone who is beating who in every round. I figure the first round will be the best part of the tournament since it'll very much be everyone looking to make the best first impression possible.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:08 am