Most Improved

themib

Most Improved

Post by themib » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:37 pm

Three names that come to mind are Michael Elgin, Mark Haskins and (thanks to Dylan Hales) Jimmy Rave. What say all of you?

Quentin Moody

Re: Most Improved

Post by Quentin Moody » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:53 pm

1. Roman Reigns
2. Sasha Banks
3. Donovan Dijak

Jareddatdude

Post by Jareddatdude » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Hands down this is Sasha's award

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:03 pm

I'm voting for Moose.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:46 pm

Kamaitachi/Hiromu Takahashi. I thought he was just awful as a young lion and thought he'd be a YOSHIHASHI or something but this year he has improved so much. He has been killing it with Dragon Lee and has shown he has quite a bit of charisma (its all in the hair like YAMATO). He even looks better now, I used to think he had a funny face but now he is quite pretty, not that that matters.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Bayley
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:12 pm

Kairi Hojo
Kamaitachi
Bayley
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:40 am

Moose

Sasha and Bayley were great, but I'm not sure they improved, just got to show it.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:16 am

I don't like voting for people who used to be good, slipped, and are good again. That would be Comeback Wrestler of the Year, but since that doesn't exist, I can see people throwing those people into this.

My pick right now is Roman. He was a very terrible pro wrestler as recently as February.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:15 pm

So are we in a situation now, where Reigns is both the most improved, yet also the most overrated?

wac

Post by wac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:I don't like voting for people who used to be good, slipped, and are good again. That would be Comeback Wrestler of the Year, but since that doesn't exist, I can see people throwing those people into this.
Agreed. In that vein, I think Roderick Strong might have made the biggest leap for me. He's always been a good worker but he'd gotten stale and he totally reinvented himself with his heel PWG run. He's my most outstanding wrestler of the year, and I'd never seen him at quite that level.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:53 pm

For the criteria, I'd probably say Sasha, Bayley, and maybe Baron Corbin. I haven't seen enough pre-2015 Mike Bailey matches to know if he improved or just got the exposure he deserved, but he and Ospreay would be my picks if there was a breakout star of the year category.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 pm

Morten VH wrote:So are we in a situation now, where Reigns is both the most improved, yet also the most overrated?
Yes, and I think that is a perfectly reasonable and fair opinion of the year he had.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:26 pm

It is a difficult award this year and that's just talking about NXT.

Bayley became a ring general, fleshed out and fully inhibited her character in the voting period. Sasha Banks went from really good for her age/gender to being talked about someone who is a Most Outstanding candidate.

But don't overlook Becky either. Some people have voted for her elsewhere. I initially fought the idea as I've known her talent for so long and just tied to her/her story generally. But let's face it she was kind of the pits during her first few months on NXT TV. Struggled to find a character and wasn't given an opportunity to show her Wrestling ability. Lots of people were calling her a flop, wondered why she was hired etc. Then she had two break out performances NXT TakeOver: Rival and Unstoppable. The latter seemed to really take people by surprise at the time. It was pretty rewarding to me as someone who had faith in her and who had told people who doubted her to give her a bit more time to find herself.

Whether to consider her career start as in 2002 or when she returned from a six year hiatus in 2012/2013 was kind of answered herself on Talk Is Jericho. She said she considers herself as only have been Wrestling for 2 years. She essentially went from being a non-entity to being on par with Sasha Banks in the ring an within the voting period. Expressed in another way she went from the being seemingly on track to be a female Tye Dillinger/developmental stalwart to being called up to main roster. So I think she's a strong candidate. While Bayley and Sasha improved on what they already had.

I also think bell to bell her performances on the main roster have been better than Sasha's. She better at carrying the Brie Bella and Taminas to decent matches too.

(Come on lads you had to see this coming from me)

Roman Reigns was considered as carried by Daniel Bryan at Fastlane and there were real concerns over his Wrestlemania match with Lesnar as people at the time both were "carryees" and not carriers in the ring. But since he has shed that image with most people and Four Star Roman has been born.

Michael Elgin had a tremendous run in the G1 and digged himself out of the ditch he/ROH drove his career into in 2014.

So my picks:
1 Roman Reigns
2 Becky Lynch
3 Sasha Banks

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:36 pm

Mil Muertes