September (Nominations)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

September (Nominations)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Can you believe it? September is almost in the books. It seems like just yesterday we talking about the G1 Climax Finals and a loaded month of August. Either way, the month is coming to an end and at Voices of Wrestling that means it's Match of the Month time!

For those unfamiliar with the process or what Match of the Month is all about, be sure to check out our previous month's lists. This will give you not only an idea of how the voting and nomination process works but the goal behind the project. While we like to name a "Match of the Month" at the end of the voting, this entire project is more about helping everyone see great wrestling from across the world. The goal is that every single month you have a list of matches that are truly the best of the best. This project will also help you prepare for any year-end Match of the Year lists.

Without further delay, let's get to the nominations. Below you'll find a form explaining the Match of the Month process as well as a slot to nominate three of your favorite (or matches you think were easily the best) of the month. Any match that receives three nominations will automatically be entered into our voting pool. Voting will begin early next week with nominations running until Thursday, October 2. Now get to nominating!

Nominations now live at http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/0 ... minations/

dancecab

Re: September (Nominations)

Post by dancecab » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Mark Haskins vs. Will Osprey and Goto vs. Nakamura are the only real Great matches to make my list. Having trouble since unlike last month where we had many great mathe this one had mostly good. I might go with Rollins vs. Cena from Night of Champions but I could be convinced otherwise.

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:23 pm

dancecab wrote:Mark Haskins vs. Will Osprey and Goto vs. Nakamura are the only real Great matches to make my list. Having trouble since unlike last month where we had many great mathe this one had mostly good. I might go with Rollins vs. Cena from Night of Champions but I could be convinced otherwise.
I agree, slowest month in what has been a stellar year. I'd add Strong vs Lethal to the "Great" list.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Yeah I hope the nominations are full with matches because I'm struggling with three four star matches.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:15 am

Lawsoncomedy wrote:
dancecab wrote:Mark Haskins vs. Will Osprey and Goto vs. Nakamura are the only real Great matches to make my list. Having trouble since unlike last month where we had many great mathe this one had mostly good. I might go with Rollins vs. Cena from Night of Champions but I could be convinced otherwise.
I agree, slowest month in what has been a stellar year. I'd add Strong vs Lethal to the "Great" list.
I was just thinking about making that my third.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:22 pm

Here are the matches already in:

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Hirooki Goto (NJPW 9/27)
John Cena vs Seth Rollins (WWE 9/20)
Will Ospreay vs Mark Haskins (PROGRESS 9-6)
Togi Makabe vs Kota Ibushi (NJPW 9-23)
Moose vs Cedric Alexander (ROH 9/18)
Jay Lethal vs Roderick Strong (ROH 9/7)

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:08 pm

amazing the drop off from August. Every match in the nominations is well worth watching though. Curious to see what wins.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:28 am

Yeah, the one match that was "missed" was probably Suzuki-Sugiura due to it dropping late, but for the most part I think we covered all of the high end stuff (although I have a lucha blindspot). Just a slow month I guess.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:19 pm

Suzuki-Sugiura is a glaring omission but was a victim of circumstances in terms of when we did nominations, when voting started and when it dropped. I'm going to make an honorable mention for it though as I do think it deserves it.

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:32 pm

It's something we could easily throw into October too, as that's when most will have seen it anyway.