October (Voting)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

October (Voting)

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 pm

Voting has officially begun for Voices of Wrestling's October Match of the Month. Visit http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/match- ... er-voting/ and start voting now!

You can vote as many times as you want, there is no limit. We use a H2H-style where you're randomly given two of the matches in our pool from which to vote, you choose which match you thought was better or a third "Pass" option. After you've submitted a vote for that H2H matchup, you'll be given another random set of matches. Eventually, the matches will be ranked by their Win Percentages in these H2H battles.

If you haven't seen any of the matches that come up in voting, it is highly recommended that you seek them out. The goal of this project of course is to name a Match of the Month but more than that it's to expose people to the greatest wrestling in a given month. It's no fun if you've only seen 1-2 of the matches listed and still vote, seek out the best wrestling you can and you'll be better prepared for Match of the Year lists when the year ends. It's win-win!

Last note, you'll notice a few oddities in terms of matches from months that aren't October. PWG's Battle of Los Angeles was released on DVD during October so all BOLA15 matches are eligible for October's countdown. Last month our cutoff date missed an important match from Pro Wrestling NOAH —Minoru Suzuki vs. Takashi Sugiura— so we've decided to make that match eligible for October.

That's all for now... get out there and vote!

This Month's Contenders:

Will Ospreay vs. Mark Andrews
Euro Trash vs Mount Rushmore 2.0
Chris Hero vs. Timothy Thatcher
Mt. Rushmore 2.0 vs Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, Biff Busick
Minoru Suzuki vs. Takashi Sugiura
AJ Styles vs. Will Ospreay vs. Marty Scurll
KUSHIDA vs. Kyle O'Reilly
Will Ospreay vs. Kazuchika Okada
Bayley vs Sasha Banks
AJ Styles vs. Kazuchika Okada
Ethan Page vs. Johnny Gargano
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Mark Haskins
Brock Lesnar vs. Undertaker
Jason Jordan and Chad Gable vs. Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa

Eric

Re: October (Voting)

Post by Eric » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:32 pm

I may have missed it somewhere, but when is the deadline for voting this month?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:46 pm

I may have forgot to write that into the main post but voting will be closed Monday, November 2 at around 1pm.

Eric

Post by Eric » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Quick question about voting (my first time). When you're voting h2h, will you be notified when you are finished (voted on all the h2h matchup combinations), or will it let you just keep voting forever?

Robareid
VOW Staff Member

Post by Robareid » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:34 pm

It'll go on forever, it's random so you'll get some repeats before you get all the combinations. There's no end, but the way it's calculated even if you do a particular combination twice it'll only count once.

dj22319

Post by dj22319 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:17 pm

Damn, I was disappointed that Fenix/Sydal didn't get in. I thought that was the stand out match from Night 1.
The name's David Perez, but you can call me David Purorez (GET ITTTTT?)