Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Headlock

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Headlock » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:10 pm

I an right there with you. YAMATO is a tremendous wrestler, who delivers all around consistently. People say Tanahashi, Nakamura, AJ, Okada, Ishii (why Ishii idk) when it comes to the best wrestlers. But YAMATO get's over looked way to much In that regard!
Call me leon

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:51 pm

He's becoming DG's Tanahashi. Not the most eye-catching or exciting but he knows how to build a match and bring the drama in the big spot. He's operating at a VERY high level right now.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:03 pm

Kobe World was a very good show. Nothing on the undercard was really a standout, but everything was watchable and fun. The Twin Gate match kinda bored me in parts, and that's mostly on YASSHI. The top two matches were tremendous. The YAMATO storyline might be the best story going in wrestling right now.

Are there any matches worth checking out from the 7/10 Rainbow Gate show in the archive? I didn't even realize it was televised.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Kobe World is the first DG event I've watched. I loved the main event and my head was spinning during the triangle gate match. With zero backstory I "got" the Shingo/Yamato dynamic and loved Shingo as cocky heel who was perplexed that his usual shit didn't work as well against Yamato. KZY stood out as well. As a muscle mark, Peter Kasaa is my dude. Love a yoked up juice head who do lucha shit.

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:45 am

wac wrote:Kobe World was a very good show. Nothing on the undercard was really a standout, but everything was watchable and fun. The Twin Gate match kinda bored me in parts, and that's mostly on YASSHI. The top two matches were tremendous. The YAMATO storyline might be the best story going in wrestling right now.

Are there any matches worth checking out from the 7/10 Rainbow Gate show in the archive? I didn't even realize it was televised.
Top three matches are worth checking out.

wac

Post by wac » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:31 am

I'll check them out, thanks. DG has been amazingly consistent this year - can't think of a show that's made tape that hasn't had at least one match worth watching.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:39 am

yamato shingo was amazing...dragon gate is amazing.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:30 pm

wac wrote:I'll check them out, thanks. DG has been amazingly consistent this year - can't think of a show that's made tape that hasn't had at least one match worth watching.
That's the Dragon Gate way, man. It actually may be a PROBLEM for them because you just always know they are good, always going to tell good stories... there isn't an ebb and flow, it lulls you in with consistently good wrestling. it's weird to describe but anyone who casually or semi-casually follows Dragon Gate will know. Making my way through Kobe World right now and absolutely loving it. I'll have more fleshed out thoughts once I'm all the way done.

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:09 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
wac wrote:I'll check them out, thanks. DG has been amazingly consistent this year - can't think of a show that's made tape that hasn't had at least one match worth watching.
That's the Dragon Gate way, man. It actually may be a PROBLEM for them because you just always know they are good, always going to tell good stories... there isn't an ebb and flow, it lulls you in with consistently good wrestling. it's weird to describe but anyone who casually or semi-casually follows Dragon Gate will know. Making my way through Kobe World right now and absolutely loving it. I'll have more fleshed out thoughts once I'm all the way done.
Their overall chemistry as a roster is the best in the world in my opinion. They have such a great grasp of their characters and how to convey them through their wrestling and mannerisms that you can see almost every possible match up multiple times and never get tired of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:55 pm

the opening shows of the SATL were a fun breezy watch but there was nothing off the charts on them. The match I'd recommend the most was actually YASSHI & Doi vs. Ishida & Yamamura. There's no YASSHI bullshit in the match (he's actually really good in it) and the youngsters put up some mega fight.

JoshEngleman
VOW Staff Member

Post by JoshEngleman » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:31 pm

Alan4L wrote:the opening shows of the SATL were a fun breezy watch but there was nothing off the charts on them. The match I'd recommend the most was actually YASSHI & Doi vs. Ishida & Yamamura. There's no YASSHI bullshit in the match (he's actually really good in it) and the youngsters put up some mega fight.
Totally agree. The youngsters match was the only one that felt like it had real juice. I thought T-Hawk looked pretty good, as well. Is there a list of everything that is expected to make tape?

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:17 am

Yama/Hulk vs Tozawa/Shimizu was a lot of fun. Post match promo wad good as well.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

dylanjstx

Post by dylanjstx » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Anyone happen to have the CIMA/Shuji Kondo title match from the last Toryumon show? Haven't seen it in a good minute.

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:47 am

dylanjstx wrote:Anyone happen to have the CIMA/Shuji Kondo title match from the last Toryumon show? Haven't seen it in a good minute.
I've only seen this clipped version

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

roundhousekiss

Post by roundhousekiss » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:05 pm

The finals of the Summer Adventure Tag League took place today in Osaka.

Naruki Doi & "brother" YASSHI def. CIMA & Gamma in the first semi-final, while Eita & Dragon Kid def. the reigning Twin Gate champions Jimmy Susumu & Jimmy Kagetora in the second semi-final.

Eita & Dragon Kid won the tournament when Eita submitted YASSHI with the Numero Uno. This is the first time that YASSHI had suffered a direct loss since returning to Dragon Gate. These two will meet again on September 22 at Dangerous Gate, when YASSHI challenges Eita for his Open the Brave Gate championship.

Also on this show, BxB Hulk, Kzy and Yosuke Santa Maria challenged Jimmy Kanda, Ryo "Jimmy" Saito and Genki Horiguchi H.A.Gee.Mee!! for their Open the Triangle Gate championships. I suppose the match will take place at Dangerous Gate.

It is with a heavy heart that I must add that El Lindaman was denied entry into Tribe Vanguard after a fan vote decided that his performances on this tour have been underwhelming, and that he & Maria seem to have broken up as a result.