Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Angry216

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by Angry216 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Sure but again, if you kicked out Takagi, there really isn't a great fit for him at all. You could kill Tribe or even OG, but then what happens to U-T or Yosuke or Ishida or any of those guys? Personally, I think OG fits a purpose of keeping young guys with the old and I agree with Jae that it would be cool if that became more fluid, with guys like Shun or Hyo joining as Ishida "graduates" or something like that.

I guess you could do Kzy-Takagi-Genki-Susumu but again, Kzy also said that he didn't want to join ANTIAS because he didn't want to follow the same path as Takagi. Also, the reason he left Tribe was because he wanted to fight against Hulk and YAMATO, not team with them. Takagi is also part of the Big 5. But then again, that's stuff that they can get around or address, especially if they would turn him. You could do it, but it would be like in ME when he was the least over dude in the most over unit. So this would be similar; I just think personally it appears they're going to give Kzy a real go as a #1 and I'm cool with Takagi not being a part of that.

ANTIAS will benefit if Big R turns (which I think he will.)

Starshine

Post by Starshine » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:51 am

Someone uploaded a clip of Ben-K's new theme

Also for your convenience, here's the ANTIAS theme and Eita's new theme.

Your signature here.

KLC

Post by KLC » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:32 am

Did anyone else see that a bunch of Dragon Gate guys are working a Singapore show?

https://www.facebook.com/events/539077643129786/

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:42 pm

KLC wrote:Did anyone else see that a bunch of Dragon Gate guys are working a Singapore show?

https://www.facebook.com/events/539077643129786/
Pretty sure CIMA has been doing these shows for a few years now. He took Eita one year and I'm pretty sure Yamamura went before he got injured.

Jae posted that crazy looking Chinese show that I still need to check out and it looked like half the roster went along.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:41 am

where were you when Punch Tominaga won the brave gate championship

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:39 pm

Triangle Gate match from Night One was shit hot. The pace of the final 5 minutes seemed like it was even faster than usual.

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:53 am

This brings me an inane amount of enjoyment. This person (I assume) has more videos at his YouTube channel.

Starshine

Post by Starshine » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:45 am

Shingo Takagi is your new Open the Owarai Gate Champion, and he's not happy. He tried to hand it off to Kanda, since only jokes lose to Punch Tominaga. Kanda was having none of it.

Side note: Lidaman's not wearing kneepads anymore, and it bothers me something fierce.

Also "YASSHI"s back. He's aligned with Kzy and co. against ANTIAS.

During Kotoka's farewell closing segment, Ben-K couldn't get his words out... also his mic was off.
Your signature here.

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:34 pm

@starshine Lindaman stoped to wear knee pads at the end of January
I don't like it either
Call me leon

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:47 am

Given that Horiguchi & Kzy are my two favorite DG guys, and among the few wrestlers whose singles matches I'll actually watch, that they're teaming up to challenge for the Twin Gate is my DG dream fulfilled. That my third-favorite DG guy, Kanda, is actively involved in a storyline of some importance is also way cool.

It's a good time to be a DG fan right now.

Headlock

Post by Headlock » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm

Already said it on twitter but, i'm so over the comedy of the Santa Maria character, i don't mind the character being a trans women however i do mind the force kissing, the stinkfaces and the bronco busters, i know the comedy is over so it won't go anytime soon but still
Call me leon

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:47 pm

You shouldn't have any problem with Yosuke Santa Maria being trans. In fact, even clarifying "I don't have a problem with..." implies that you actually do have a problem with it.

Starshine

Post by Starshine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:43 am

K. Hare wrote:You shouldn't have any problem with Yosuke Santa Maria being trans. In fact, even clarifying "I don't have a problem with..." implies that you actually do have a problem with it.
Come on, dude, you're forcing those undertones on his post. He clearly didn't imply anything of the sort.

I like Yosuke too. But I agree the sexual assault stuff has become a little long in the tooth, and I can easily see where it would turn people off. Plus with how trigger-happy some members of social media can be at implying something is hate speech, I understand why Headlock would want to contextualize his complaint that way.
Your signature here.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:54 am

Starshine wrote:
K. Hare wrote:You shouldn't have any problem with Yosuke Santa Maria being trans. In fact, even clarifying "I don't have a problem with..." implies that you actually do have a problem with it.
Come on, dude, you're forcing those undertones on his post. He clearly didn't imply anything of the sort.

I like Yosuke too. But I agree the sexual assault stuff has become a little long in the tooth, and I can easily see where it would turn people off. Plus with how trigger-happy some members of social media can be at implying something is hate speech, I understand why Headlock would want to contextualize his complaint that way.
He has a history of misgendering that is on display in this very thread, so I don't think I'm forcing anything, thanks.

Starshine

Post by Starshine » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:38 am

K. Hare wrote:
Starshine wrote:

He has a history of misgendering that is on display in this very thread, so I don't think I'm forcing anything, thanks.
Okay, I went back a years worth of comments on display in this very thread and only found one instance where he complained about Yosuke, referring to her as "her."

Right now, you're just coming off like an nitpicking asshole. If you actually had beef, you should have done it in private not drag down this thread with it.
Your signature here.