Dragon Gate (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
BlizzardAcolyte

Re: Dragon Gate

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun May 06, 2018 12:08 pm

Wow, I managed to get every result I wanted from last night, based on the early reports I'm seeing. A bit of a shame to see how Match #3 went, but I guess we're in the process of re-establishing Kagetora as a lower-card goof...

JML

Post by JML » Mon May 07, 2018 7:16 pm

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon May 07, 2018 11:13 pm

This all reeks of face saving P.R. as the company continues to be split into two factions

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Tue May 08, 2018 10:14 am

Joe Lanza wrote:This all reeks of face saving P.R. as the company continues to be split into two factions
I don't know if it's fishy or not, but you need to watch the most recent OWE show. From what Mike Spears said on Twitter it's worthy of a Patreon review. :lol:

JML

Post by JML » Wed May 09, 2018 8:18 am

I saw Rob Naylor on Twitter talk about how great it would be to have shoot interviews about the past Dragon System drama and this one seems like another to add to the story. I want to know if the booking of T-Hawk was the central part of it.

JML

Post by JML » Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 pm

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Wed May 09, 2018 9:55 pm

Getting away from the drama (that I would kill to know what went on) DG have had some great shows in recent days. The Network has been great with me being able to watch both KBS Hall shows, Dead or Alive and the May Korakuen show.

Dead or Alive was a great show with every title match delivering and the Cage match was the cage match we all love and King of Gate had a great start at Korakuen. Doi vs Eita, Yoshino vs Shingo and Kzy vs YAMATO were all good to great.

I am also all in on Kzy as a top guy now and him chasing the Dream Gate over the coming months/years will be super fun as he develops a main event move set and gets away from the flash pins. If the singles matches against Mochi and YAMATO are a sign of things to come then it shall be a fun ride.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Sun May 13, 2018 2:36 pm

So OWE stuff goes here right?

I went to FSW last night. Apparently there were Visa issues cause none of the four advertised OWE guys were there. CIMA and another OWE guy were on the card, and wow, was this dude green, he botched a bump on a suplex. They wrestled the Bill Carr looking dudes who also wrestled on the OWE show that is floating around online. This was really bad.

The owner of OWE and his family were in attendance, along with their own ring announcer(who did the OWE tag). Apparently this dude is a movie producer or something, I can see that being a potential problem. Will this dude always travel with his wrestlers? And if so will he always expect tickets to be held for him and his family? That is all speculation obviously, but if they are a package deal I could see that being a potential problem for Indy promoters.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun May 13, 2018 3:36 pm

Got to watch Dead or Alive this morning:
- The opener was an opener, but I was surprised at how well the home stretch came off, I have always thought of Skywalker and Yoshioka as clumsier than they looked here and it's nice to see they're really getting into the style now
- The comedy match was a comedy match, but it was cool to see Stalker get more here than I usually see him get, and for BOY to be relegated to being the most invisible guy in the match, as he should always be
- The Twin Gate match was solid, I watch Ben-K rarely enough that, speaking of clumsiness, he definitely looks like he fits in DG now. I also enjoy how certain people have been suckered completely into thinking that Eita "doesn't care in the ring" and not merely playing up the character. Marks. Finally, two of the most prolific King of Chop competitors being kind of shown up by someone who never competed in it was funny, really liking Shimzu's chopping these days.
- The Triangle Gate match was cool shit, as always my favorite titles in wrestling continue to deliver in the quality department. U-T doing the color commentary was a great choice, as Triangle Gate-level is about as far as high up the card as he can ever hope to get. Two of my three favorite guys in the promotion being a part of this didn't hurt, either. Natural Vibes doing the Maraha-Isappa sequence without Saito there is both sad and lame, though.

obliterati

Post by obliterati » Tue May 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Ryo Saito getting his head shaved and adopting the mannerisms of and wrestling like a young boy is my favorite thing of 2018 so far.

Goat

Post by Goat » Sun May 20, 2018 4:54 pm

I tried to watch OWE on twitch. I didn't get very far. The editing almost gave me convulsions.

LukePuroresu89

Post by LukePuroresu89 » Mon May 21, 2018 7:24 am

Before the network came about, I only saw brief matches from DG but I'm very impressed and loving it so far, especially Saito's Young Lion gimmick, had be broken. On a serious note, the in ring action and production seriously rivals my #1 of NJPW.

Recent shows have been good to very good with the exception of Yoshida, I just don't see it or why he should be beating BxB Hulk, or maybe I'm just missing a background story being a newbie?

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Fri May 25, 2018 9:07 pm

Kzy vs Ben-K from Osaka last weekend is a must watch match. Can't believe I have seen zero buzz for this and I am watching nearly a week after it took place.

Best match from King of Gate that has made the Network so far. I went 4.25.

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Fri May 25, 2018 11:20 pm

LukePuroresu89 wrote:Before the network came about, I only saw brief matches from DG but I'm very impressed and loving it so far, especially Saito's Young Lion gimmick, had be broken. On a serious note, the in ring action and production seriously rivals my #1 of NJPW.

Recent shows have been good to very good with the exception of Yoshida, I just don't see it or why he should be beating BxB Hulk, or maybe I'm just missing a background story being a newbie?
I'm no DG vet but Hulk has been downsized in recent years. Ever since that shoulder injury a few years ago. It says a lot when Kzy was the one to break from Tribe Vanguard to form a unit rather than Hulk. Cyber Kong/Yoshida has always been semi/sneaky pushed as a midcard hoss. His last Dream Gate shot against Yamato wasn't that long ago, I think it was just last year. I agree, along with Punch Yoshida is the worst guy in DG by a good distance.

LukePuroresu89

Post by LukePuroresu89 » Sun May 27, 2018 9:34 am

stienerontheforklift wrote:
LukePuroresu89 wrote:Before the network came about, I only saw brief matches from DG but I'm very impressed and loving it so far, especially Saito's Young Lion gimmick, had be broken. On a serious note, the in ring action and production seriously rivals my #1 of NJPW.

I'm no DG vet but Hulk has been downsized in recent years. Ever since that shoulder injury a few years ago. It says a lot when Kzy was the one to break from Tribe Vanguard to form a unit rather than Hulk. Cyber Kong/Yoshida has always been semi/sneaky pushed as a midcard hoss. His last Dream Gate shot against Yamato wasn't that long ago, I think it was just last year. I agree, along with Punch Yoshida is the worst guy in DG by a good distance.
Before the network, I only saw Dragon Gate infrequently but I wasn't into Punch while he was in VerserK but I think Natural Vibes suits, definitely not up there in terms of talent compared to others but I think the new unit suits him much better. But yeah, Yoshida kills my interest sometimes.