AAA

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

AAA

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:57 pm

Shameful lack of lucha talk on the old board. Post about Rey Rey, Alberto El Patron, and Aero Star here.

thecubsfan

Re: AAA

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:34 am

There are weird things going on with AAA's YouTube channel; their show from Nuevo Laredo is linked to on their own website but not public on YouTube. It's worth the effort of finding anyway.

21:23 - Angelico, Jack Evans and Laredo Kid versus Mocha Cota Jr., Cuervo, Escoria
- Jack does a crazy leap, and then they have a quick match to set up their hair match on the next taping. Laredo Kid, who's on the WWE radar, impresses in a cameo appearance enough to get brought back
1:06:00 - Fenix & Alberto el Patron versus Brian Cage & Texano Jr.
- the best & most annoying aspects of AAA - there's really good action (including Fenix stealing the show), and also the usual out of control interference and heel ref spots. It didn't bug me, but maybe that's only because it was 10x worse on the next taping and I saw them out of order.

Verano de Escandalo is the next two episodes, with a couple must see matches. You can find them on my channel but you might as well wait a couple days for HD if you've waited this long.

(AAA TV is generally surprisingly an easy to watch in 2015. There's not many in-ring interviews, and almost all the matches around 10 minutes long. If you skip past the introductions, or the long recaps on three match weeks, it's an hour or less show.)

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:41 pm

I've started watching from TripleMania, because i want to see the introduction of Alberto, Misterio and Cage and how they started with the company. It felt like they've had a new beginning very recently, so i might as well be in it from the beginning. It'll probably be a months time before i'm caught up.

I'm doing the classic fast forward to get through most matches, and watch the important stuff. If i didn't, i'd never catch up in time. Is there any particularly good matches from TM until today, that i should be aware off and make sure i watch in full?

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:35 pm

Your TripleMania main event is Rey Mysterio Jr. contra Myzteziz. No build, two tecnicos, just 30 days before the show. But still enough to sell out the arena.

CheezeWhiz

Post by CheezeWhiz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:34 pm

So Flamita worked last night's TV tapings as Fireball (Why the name change with the same mask is beyond me). He got the win and it wasn't an opener, so he might be sticking around with AAA, which is just strange with the CMLL whispers.

JamieOD

Post by JamieOD » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:55 am

Chismo wrote:Your TripleMania main event is Rey Mysterio Jr. contra Myzteziz. No build, two tecnicos, just 30 days before the show. But still enough to sell out the arena.
Should be good but the circumstances behind making the match kind of dulls the hype.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:38 am

Any truth to the rumor that AAA wants to put El Messias back under a mask and have him play the Mil Muertes character in AAA proper as well?
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:33 am

Cage vs. Alberto in a hair match is the second match booked.

Btw, when it comes to Rey-Rey, does anyone know where he stands with Commission? Is he "allowed" to have mask matches?
van Fair wrote:Any truth to the rumor that AAA wants to put El Messias back under a mask and have him play the Mil Muertes character in AAA proper as well?
Idk, but would be cool. Although I don't really know how would Commission welcome that, in terms of having apuesta matches. Maybe Abismo Negro route?

JML

Post by JML » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:54 pm

CheezeWhiz wrote:So Flamita worked last night's TV tapings as Fireball (Why the name change with the same mask is beyond me). He got the win and it wasn't an opener, so he might be sticking around with AAA, which is just strange with the CMLL whispers.
This makes what happens with the Dragon Lee match that is coming up very interesting.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:29 pm

JamieOD wrote:
Chismo wrote:Your TripleMania main event is Rey Mysterio Jr. contra Myzteziz. No build, two tecnicos, just 30 days before the show. But still enough to sell out the arena.
Should be good but the circumstances behind making the match kind of dulls the hype.
Totally agree. This is pretty much coming off like AAA's get out of jail free card match. (Not all their fault at all but still)
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:44 pm

CheezeWhiz wrote:So Flamita worked last night's TV tapings as Fireball (Why the name change with the same mask is beyond me). He got the win and it wasn't an opener, so he might be sticking around with AAA, which is just strange with the CMLL whispers.
CMLL whispers?
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:59 am

CMLL whispers = Volador losing to Flamita clean last month, a pretty good sign Volador likes Flamita and wants to bring him in.

Thinking the name change was AAA wanting to own the name, or AAA not liking the name. Probably the latter. Flamita's long out grown the "Little Flame" name he started using when he was a mini early in his career, but everyone who knows him knows Flamita so he wouldn't want to give that up. AAA's thought would be their fans wouldn't know "Flamita" so might as well give him a more marketable name.

Flamita says he hasn't signed with anyone and I'm inclined to believe him. I think he'll be fine working indy shows against CMLL guys for now.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:42 am

thecubsfan wrote:CMLL whispers = Volador losing to Flamita clean last month, a pretty good sign Volador likes Flamita and wants to bring him in.

Thinking the name change was AAA wanting to own the name, or AAA not liking the name. Probably the latter. Flamita's long out grown the "Little Flame" name he started using when he was a mini early in his career, but everyone who knows him knows Flamita so he wouldn't want to give that up. AAA's thought would be their fans wouldn't know "Flamita" so might as well give him a more marketable name.

Flamita says he hasn't signed with anyone and I'm inclined to believe him. I think he'll be fine working indy shows against CMLL guys for now.
Is the "our fans probably wouldn't know him" thing one of those out of touch WWE like mindsets rooted in arrogance, or are they correct in that AAA fans really wouldn't know of him?

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:57 pm

It's a combination. There's some who would, but I'd guess most of their audience only watches AAA & WWE.

CheezeWhiz

Post by CheezeWhiz » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:04 pm

So Alberto el Patron is missing or hasn't been heard from since no-showing a charity show on Sunday.