CMLL, the home of Cavernario

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
DETROIT_KEJB

Re: CMLL, the home of Cavernario

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:27 pm

I am off that night from work too. Rarely have a Friday. Appointment viewing here.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:40 am

Dragon Lee and Kamaitachi deliver again. This feud is right there with Tiger Mask-Dynamite Kid from an in-ring perspective.

wac

Post by wac » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:48 am

These two are just insane. Incredible match, a little hard to watch on the day of Hayabusa's death.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:27 am

It's an all time great in-ring feud and I'm completely comfortable saying that. This match was fucking amazing and it still might be their 3rd best match. It's impossible for these guys to not have a great match.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:09 pm

I hate that TM vs. DK is being set as some kind of gold standard. I really, really hate it.

Anyway, this was another fantastic match and I need to see it couple more times to see where it stands compared to others, but it's Top 3 mos def.

pol

Post by pol » Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:24 pm

Between it feeling a little more normally structured, less balls to the wall crazy and the long "hit a big move, lay around selling" section towards the end (which is a modern wrestling trope I really dislike) I thought it was the least of their matches. I often have to watch them more than once to get a handle on how much I enjoy them though, expectations play a big role on first viewing.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Chismo wrote:I hate that TM vs. DK is being set as some kind of gold standard. I really, really hate it.

Anyway, this was another fantastic match and I need to see it couple more times to see where it stands compared to others, but it's Top 3 mos def.
As a junior series it should be. What do you hate about it? It parallels in the amount of singles matches the guys had. I think in terms of comparison and critical analysis, DL-K and TM-DK is great for conversation.

JML

Post by JML » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Chismo wrote:I hate that TM vs. DK is being set as some kind of gold standard. I really, really hate it.

I've seen a lot of people lately hating that feud comparison but to me its comparable because it's two guys from two different countries going balls to the wall and even taking a match to the opposite end of the world to show how positive the fans will react to these two guys.

With the TM vs DK series, it's the most accessible feud for fans just getting into their hardcore fandom of wrestling. There's been other feuds like Casas vs Santo in the 80s and Rey vs Psychosis but the tape isn't all there.

From 81 to 83, there is 7 singles matches that made tape to my knowledge.

With Dragon Lee vs Kamaitachi, 10 matches have made tape from 2014 to present day.

EDIT: There is plenty of Rey vs Psicosis in ECW and WCW but not in AAA singles that readily available.

wac

Post by wac » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:40 pm

"Being set" or "has been set for decades"?

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Potato, potatoe.

aivaz

Post by aivaz » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:58 pm

Watched Kamaitachi/Maximo and they cut away to the crowd literally every 10 seconds.I haven't watched any CMLL the last 18 months, has the camera work gotten a lot worse recently?

JML

Post by JML » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:43 pm

aivaz wrote:Watched Kamaitachi/Maximo and they cut away to the crowd literally every 10 seconds.I haven't watched any CMLL the last 18 months, has the camera work gotten a lot worse recently?
I think the camera work from the actual cameramen is fine but it's more of the director who's in charge that is cutting away to the crowd every 10 seconds. Whoever the director is hard up on finding Liz Vega, her attractive friends, random attractive women in the crowd and foreigners/tourists at Arena Mexico shows.

pol

Post by pol » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:54 pm

They cut to the crowd a lot in that match because the Japanese fans were going nuts

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:38 pm

I actually enjoyed the camera cuts during and after the match to the Kamaitachi fans.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:32 pm

H2L iPPV poster:

Both apuesta matches could be real MOTYCs, especially Maximo/Rush. Also, that atomico!