Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
ayaashm

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by ayaashm » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:32 pm

The previous 2 Nakajima 30+ minute matches I watched were great so I'll give this one a shot. Really looking forward to the rest of the card especially the Jr. title match.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

cpgoat3

Post by cpgoat3 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:33 am

So Night 1 will air this week right? Which other nights are gonna air?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:05 am

NOAH young boy Kaito Kioymiya has joined up under Sugiura as his personal young boy in order to get stronger. He's apparently showcasing more of a mean streak and has ditched the NOAH green for all black gear. Still the guy eating losses. But they have started to do something with him which will pay of in the long run which is good to see.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:37 pm

PKThree wrote:NOAH young boy Kaito Kioymiya has joined up under Sugiura as his personal young boy in order to get stronger. He's apparently showcasing more of a mean streak and has ditched the NOAH green for all black gear. Still the guy eating losses. But they have started to do something with him which will pay of in the long run which is good to see.
Guess they needed someone to replace Saez. So that's Kaito, Kenou and Masa as Takashi's new unit?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Guess they needed someone to replace Saez. So that's Kaito, Kenou and Masa as Takashi's new unit?
Nothing official regarding a unit. Kenou and Masa have had no interaction with Takashi from what I can read aside from Kenou peaking in the curtain at Korakuen

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:51 am

I've been really busy so I've only been able to sample bits and pieces of the last two Korakuens at a time. Unless I end up really enjoying Kotoge/Shiozaki or Sugiura/Kiyomiya when I do watch them, I'm confident that Ohara/Ishimori, Harada/Kiyomiya, Nakajima/Sugiura, and Nakajima/Kenoh are the highlights of the two shows.

Probably known by most already, but Kotoge and Nakajima are fighting on 1/21 and I could easily see Kotoge getting a surprise victory. Naka needs a challenger and Kotoge could use a win. Kotoge doesn't have a chance in hell of winning the title though.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Alright, I finally have time to watch some Puro Graps. What should I watch from both NOAH shows in Korakuen? Heard one of them was very good, not sure what is the general opinion on the other. But which matches do you recommend?

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:27 pm

Rainmaker_F7 wrote:Alright, I finally have time to watch some Puro Graps. What should I watch from both NOAH shows in Korakuen? Heard one of them was very good, not sure what is the general opinion on the other. But which matches do you recommend?
From 1/7: Nakajima/Sugiura, Ohara/Ishimori. All matches were pretty good though except the Tag Title match which was boring. I really liked Harada/Kiyomiya.

From 1/9: Nakajima/Kenoh. Sugiura/Kiyomiya was pretty good, and Marufuji/Taniguchi was entertaining even though the ending was abrupt (and probably not planned).
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:45 pm

The 1/7 show was the best pro wrestling show this year not named Wrestle Kingdom. Everything was awesome, even the tag title match which was waaaaaaay too long and very boring but is worth the effort for the post headbutt stuff. Just self clip and FF about 20 minutes.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:33 pm

Catching up on the latest shows. Someone really needs to sit Kitamiya down and watch about 20 hours of Ishii matches. Not to wrestle exactly like him but to take some examples on what Ishii does and does not sell against lesser opponents.

Actually he should probably take as much away from Ishii as he can. I really want to like the guy but I think he really needs to start being a bit more a pit bull or brute in the ring.

cpgoat3

Post by cpgoat3 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:02 am

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
Rainmaker_F7 wrote:Alright, I finally have time to watch some Puro Graps. What should I watch from both NOAH shows in Korakuen? Heard one of them was very good, not sure what is the general opinion on the other. But which matches do you recommend?
From 1/7: Nakajima/Sugiura, Ohara/Ishimori. All matches were pretty good though except the Tag Title match which was boring. I really liked Harada/Kiyomiya.

From 1/9: Nakajima/Kenoh. Sugiura/Kiyomiya was pretty good, and Marufuji/Taniguchi was entertaining even though the ending was abrupt (and probably not planned).
Man there is so much hate for the tag match. I loved it.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 am

Sugi/Kiyomiya from 1/7 is must watch for storyline purposes.

I think I liked the Kenoh match more than the Sugiura one. I guess I'm a sucker for people kicking the shit out of eachother for 15minutes.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:26 am

I enjoyed all the matches from 1/9 in a vacuum, but I thought the first 6 matches (maybe not so much Hi69 vs Ishimori) felt way too similar with the heavyweight vs jr dynamic. I would recommend watching from the Sugiura match onwards. The main event is must watch.

The 1/7 show is pretty good top to bottom.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:33 pm

► Show Spoiler

Rainmaker_F7

Post by Rainmaker_F7 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Thanks guys, I still haven't seen anything and I don't know the results and the way Joe describes the 1/7 show makes me think it was really fun. Gonna check it out now and some of the recommended 1/9 stuff too. Hell, I will see the tag title match since there are both people who love it and others hate it.