Pro Wrestling NOAH (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
mrjoshdude

Re: NOAH - Who is NOAH's savior??

Post by mrjoshdude » Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:49 pm

Anyone have any idea when Hideo Itami's WWE contract runs out? You'd have to think he's not terribly pleased with his run so far and his positioning going forward. This is the first thing that came to my mind when Kenoh mentioned running Budokan somewhere down the line. Giving Kenoh a nice long run to establish himself on top and then having him defend against a returning KENTA sounds like a pretty worthy main event for Budokan Hall I would think.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:40 pm

mrjoshdude wrote:Anyone have any idea when Hideo Itami's WWE contract runs out? You'd have to think he's not terribly pleased with his run so far and his positioning going forward. This is the first thing that came to my mind when Kenoh mentioned running Budokan somewhere down the line. Giving Kenoh a nice long run to establish himself on top and then having him defend against a returning KENTA sounds like a pretty worthy main event for Budokan Hall I would think.
It wouldn't sell out the Budokan, certainly even less so with their lack of national tv. Kenta himself has never been a big draw on his own.

If they do indeed run the Budokan..it would be around 6000 to 8000 paid. Similar to Sumo hall shows. But Noah unlike others still has that cheaper Budokan deal they can use.

They're simply going to have to use booking and creating new stars to draw somewhat what ok in that building.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Another question is if KENTA would come back to NOAH at all. Or would he use his post-WWE buzz to try and break into New Japan?

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:09 am

Pre Bushiroad ? No. Post BushiRoad NJPW? yes.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Today's Shinjuku FACE show sounds like it was a blast to be at, I can't wait for it to drop (and be confused at two-thirds of the references made in the battle royal).

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:28 am

Image Kiyomiya: I have returned from abroad; Kenoh, I think I can win, please let me challenge you for that belt.

Kenoh: Kiyomiya, you are more than just an incomplete Noah wrestler now, the look in your eyes is real. I will let you challenge me for this belt. As a man who has had nothing to do with Misawa has captured the belt, I know what it means. This is a beginning of a new era of Pro-Wrestling Noah. I will take you bastards to the Budokan!

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:19 pm

I'm curious what do people think NOAH is going to do here with the booking? I feel like both outcomes of the Kiyomiya Kenoh match wouldn't be the best choice?
I feel like you can't have Kiyomiya come back get that rocket push and lose to Kenoh in his first match back right?
But also Kenoh just won the belt and can't lose it this quick? Unless they move it to Kiyomiya and have Kenoh chasing him for it for the year?
I don't know? What do you guys think?

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Kenoh is definitely gonna win, they have the out/can tell the story that Kiyomiya was pretty much a young boy jobber when he left and is simply overconfident going into this, thinking that an excursion automatically turns you into an ace. It's not: often it simply means that you have improved your standing above where you were before you left. This is merely the stage to indicate where on the card he's going to be hovering this year; he'll lose but show his growth and be built more traditionally from there.

Bloodbuzz Bunk

Post by Bloodbuzz Bunk » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:46 pm

BlizzardAcolyte wrote:Kenoh is definitely gonna win, they have the out/can tell the story that Kiyomiya was pretty much a young boy jobber when he left and is simply overconfident going into this, thinking that an excursion automatically turns you into an ace. It's not: often it simply means that you have improved your standing above where you were before you left. This is merely the stage to indicate where on the card he's going to be hovering this year; he'll lose but show his growth and be built more traditionally from there.
I totally agree. This is the first step in a longer story for Kiyomiya. Build up Kenoh and see if he improves attendance figures while facing off against "the relics of Misawa's NOAH". Kiyomiya could be built up enough to credibly win the Global League and then the rematch could be between two budding stars.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:33 pm

In Kenoh they also have a guy with experience as an ace. NOAH and Michinoku Pro are different animals, but Kenoh was their top star/one of two for as good as his entire career there. He is used to the commitment of being on top and carrying a company. So he is great to have in that role until Kiyomiya is ready.

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 am

KAITO KIYOMIYA IS THE YOUNGEST CHALLENGER TO THE GHC TITLE
Image Tokyo Sports
26th December 2017

Noah's rising star, Kaito Kiyomiya (21), has made history by being the youngest person on record to challenge for the GHC Heavyweight Championship. After returning home from Canada, where he has been for about a year and a half, he announced his challenge to the new champion Kenoh (32) at Korakuen Hall on the 22nd December. The date has been set for the same venue on January 6th next year.

"Practice and meals are all with the nature of wrestling, but I do not think that had I been in Japan I could have devoted myself to it like this" Kiyomiya mused.
Based in Ontario, Canada, he participated in about 60 matches at BCW (Border City Wrestling). He took up residence with Scott D'Amor (Vice President, 43) who has experience of visiting and working in Japan. He did about twelve hours practice and ate five meals a day which led to his weight being increased by 15 kilograms to 105.

Early in the autumn he was "promoted" to IMPACT Wrestling to which the then GHC Champion Eddie Edwards (33) belonged. He also had a single match with Edwards. So far the youngest challenger on record was Naomichi Marufuji (38), who was twenty-six years old and eleven minths. If Kiyomiya does win the title, it will be a huge achievement.

"I practiced and had matches with all kinds of athletes over there there. Although I thought the practice of centering on bridges was "crazy" I absorbed all the skills, and of course I would like to go on record as making the challenge".

Naomichi Marufuji has stated, "his potential has been high from the beginning, he has been a heavyweight from the beginning. I want him to aim for the top in three years and I think he can do it".

Kiyomiya, who did not participate in the Fan Appreciation Festival at ShinjukuFace in Tokyo, was watching from the back of the hall. While the growing figure is wrapped in mystery, he will face the New Year ready to fight.

Link to original article:
https://www.tokyo-sports.co.jp/prores/m ... es/870977/

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:23 pm

Kenoh defeated Kiyomiya in nasty fashion at today's show. The people there called it a great match, with several other very good matches on the card. Kiyomiya's showing some roughness around the edges but more than held his own and was so goddamn over. He had a falling out with Kenoh/Sugiura post-match and was saved by Shiozaki, Nakajima, and Kitamiya. Shiozaki took him to the back so there might be an alliance coming.

Speaking of alliances, the "evil army" of Yuko Miyamoto, Mitsuya Nagai, and Maybach made some moves: Yuko challenged Kenoh, and Nagai/Maybach are going after the tag titles. Miyamoto did bad in the Global League but did beat Kenoh in their match. He's also riding a sudden wave of momentum by getting the DDT Extreme Title, ending Daisuke Sasaki's really long reign. Marufuji's match ended in DQ after Nagai's interference - Kotoge, Yone, and Storm came out for the save. They're interesting bits of news, I just hope it doesn't become NOAH unifying again to fight off invaders + traitors. I'd like a few more alliances and factions popping up instead of THAT again.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:58 pm

Does anyone know how Jay Bradley ended up in NOAH
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:40 am

FilipPejic wrote:Does anyone know how Jay Bradley ended up in NOAH
Works for TNA

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:50 pm

PKThree wrote:
FilipPejic wrote:Does anyone know how Jay Bradley ended up in NOAH
Works for TNA
Is he still under contract with them I though he got released once Billy was gone since he is a Billy guy
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97