DDT (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Morten VH

Re: DDT - Home of Danshoku Dino

Post by Morten VH » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:58 pm

Please don't talk about selling in a DDT thread. Just please don't. Thank you.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:38 pm

Morten VH wrote:Please don't talk about selling in a DDT thread. Just please don't. Thank you.
It's very rare that I'm left speechless and completely dumbfounded, and this post of yours managed to accomplish exactly that. Congratulations. I lose. Actually, we all lose, for various reasons.

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:39 pm

Morten VH wrote:Please don't talk about selling in a DDT thread. Just please don't. Thank you.

This is just silly. It's not like I'm talking about the Locker Coffin Deathmatch from the show.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:49 pm

You're right, i shouldn't have brought this up. This was stupid by me, and i don't know what i tried to accomplish. Let's move on so this doesn't turn into the WK10 thread.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:40 pm

I was super hyped for the Happy Motel lads (not Antonio) at the start of the year but ever since Endo returned from injury, they've really shown how green they are. The match they had at Peter Pan summed them up best, they just don't get the important parts yet, just two kids hitting moves. They'll learn in time.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 pm

Funny how a Dragon Gate fan calls out Endo and Takeshita for "hitting moves". The only one that comes close to them is Shimizu, who'd probably become one of my favorite wrestlers all around if I watched him all the time. No Dragon Gate match comes close to i.e. Endo/Shii from 14/08/31. I can take this from literally anyone else, but i'm drawing the line at Dragon Gate. :p

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:06 pm

Are you trying to say DG is just hitting moves? If so I don't understand the sentence about Shimizu, seems out of place. I'm not good at arguing on the internet so I'll just say that thinking I can't have an opinion on the matter because I'm a DG fan is silly.

JoJo

Post by JoJo » Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:05 am

Anyone know if the 1/16 show is airing? Would love to see the main event.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Statoke wrote:Are you trying to say DG is just hitting moves? If so I don't understand the sentence about Shimizu, seems out of place. I'm not good at arguing on the internet so I'll just say that thinking I can't have an opinion on the matter because I'm a DG fan is silly.
Lel at insinuating I'm mad at opinions. I'm just discussing things, that's it. It's a relatively unfair construction, but DG kind of IS notorious for its by-the-numbers matches where they just move from point A to point B until the finishing run where they just hit moves. It's most of CIMA, Yoshino, Doi, Hulk, Tozawa, Dragon Kind matches, and others too. I've seen my fair share of DG to know what I'm talking about. Mochizuki, whom I absolutely love, is an exception, he's just a terrific pro-wrestler with grand IQ and knows his shit. Shingo and YAMATO are so-so, and I love those two for their characters, but damn it their laziness can bug the shit out of me. I love Hulk too, but I think 80% of his big singles matches SUCKED. Susumu and Kanda are highly underrated, and they're not typical DG trope wrestlers. Tozawa blows, plain and simple.

FYI, I gave Uhaa/Hulk five stars last year, it was a total and super legit MOTYC, better match than, let's say - Kota/Shinsuke. I also gave Uhaa/Ricochet five stars in 2014, and if someone put a gun on my head right now, I'd had that match as GOAT DG effort. I just think serious DDT matches have more depth and charm than DG matches, the matwork in DDT is better, closing stretches especially.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:09 pm

WrestleFanYeah

Post by WrestleFanYeah » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you for posting that Kudo/Harashima match. That was enjoyable.

I do agree with the poster who said that DDT has a surprising amount of mat wrestling.

Does anyone still have Ibushi vs. Okada in DDT? Looks like it got taken down off Dailymotion.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Chismo wrote:Funny how a Dragon Gate fan calls out Endo and Takeshita for "hitting moves". The only one that comes close to them is Shimizu, who'd probably become one of my favorite wrestlers all around if I watched him all the time. No Dragon Gate match comes close to i.e. Endo/Shii from 14/08/31. I can take this from literally anyone else, but i'm drawing the line at Dragon Gate. :p
lol

Yukio vs. MiSu is happening, so there's that.

jesse

Post by jesse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:11 pm

I can't wait for Yukio and MiSu to devolve into a comedy match.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:57 am

Watched 1/3. My first full DDT show.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Isami Kodaka vs Masa Takanashi was awesome and you should all watch it. Rest of the show is clipped so I hated it but KENSO/Takagi was really fun.