King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Irving

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by Irving » Thu May 12, 2016 4:51 pm

Well there's no All Japan participation on the card.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Sat May 14, 2016 10:57 am

The Chiba show was crazy. The 4-way tag match with 4 legal people at the same time, was straight out of a PWG show. The main event was a great hossfight. Aoki & Tomato was a great great match!

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Sat May 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Morten VH wrote:The Chiba show was crazy. The 4-way tag match with 4 legal people at the same time, was straight out of a PWG show. The main event was a great hossfight. Aoki & Tomato was a great great match!
hey hey hey! The opener was the MOTN . How dare you forget that awesomeness?
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Sun May 15, 2016 7:28 pm

In love with the interactions Sekimoto and Miyahara had on the D-RIZE show a few days ago. Looking for more of the same from two of my favorite guys going right now.

I'm not on the Zeus bandwagon, but I did really enjoy him in the CC Finals and I think Yuji is going to kill it with him. The All Japan/Big Japan stuff has me fired up. Very excited for what the future holds.

jesse

Post by jesse » Sun May 15, 2016 9:32 pm

It's Takeshita and Endo vs Akiyama and Aoyagi on 6/15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7-A0cdXUr8&feature=youtu.be
All Japan also uploaded the video they showed today with Joe Doering getting his Evolution flag that fans signed at All Japan shows.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sun May 15, 2016 11:38 pm

pol wrote:The 5/25 show is pretty stacked

AJPW "SUPER POWER SERIES 2016", 25.05.2016
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

-. Osamu Nishimura, Ryuji Hijikata & SUSHI vs. Masanobu Fuchi, Atsushi Maruyama & Koji Iwamoto
-. Shuji Ishikawa & Ryouji Sai vs. Naoya Nomura & Hikaru Sato
-. Kengo Mashimo vs. Jake Lee
-. Axe Bombers vs. AJ Rangers: Takao Omori, Isami Kodaka , Yuko Miyamoto & Kazuhiro Tamura vs. AJ Ranger White (Jun Akiyama), AJ Ranger Red (Yohei Nakajima), AJ Ranger Blue (Yuma Aoyagi) & AJ Ranger Green (Shigehiro Irie)
-. AJPW World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Atsushi Aoki (c) vs. Masashi Takeda
-. Special Singles Match: Zeus vs. Yuji Okabayashi
-. Triple Crown: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Daisuke Sekimoto

BJW guys in the top 3 matches. I guess they are hoping the BJW fans turn out en masse. Potential sellout?
Wouldn't shock me at all if this sells out.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 16, 2016 3:32 am

InYourCase wrote:In love with the interactions Sekimoto and Miyahara had on the D-RIZE show a few days ago. Looking for more of the same from two of my favorite guys going right now.

I'm not on the Zeus bandwagon, but I did really enjoy him in the CC Finals and I think Yuji is going to kill it with him. The All Japan/Big Japan stuff has me fired up. Very excited for what the future holds.
from watching Zeus, I think he is comparable to Akira Taue in that he's not as good as the guys he wrestles with. But, he is solid in the ring. Definitely not a J.A.G.
Lanza is a geek.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Mon May 16, 2016 11:18 am

ayaashm wrote:
InYourCase wrote:In love with the interactions Sekimoto and Miyahara had on the D-RIZE show a few days ago. Looking for more of the same from two of my favorite guys going right now.

from watching Zeus, I think he is comparable to Akira Taue in that he's not as good as the guys he wrestles with. But, he is solid in the ring. Definitely not a J.A.G.
Taue is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon May 16, 2016 1:36 pm

InYourCase wrote:
ayaashm wrote:

Taue is one of the greatest wrestlers ever, but yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

Taue was great no doubt but looking at who were with him the Kobashis,Kawadas, Misawas of this world are so,so ahead of him. Looking at his work and comparing it to like the other 3, it is so clear that the 3 are so much more smoother than Taue. I think Zeus is good, great sometimes but everyone around him (mostly) is smoother.
Lanza is a geek.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon May 16, 2016 5:05 pm

Jesus. Taue at his best was better than everyone. That includes the other three.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Tue May 17, 2016 3:23 am

Chismo wrote:Jesus. Taue at his best was better than everyone. That includes the other three.
WOW. Agree to disagree on that one.
Lanza is a geek.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue May 17, 2016 9:50 am

ayaashm wrote: WOW. Agree to disagree on that one.
Taue was the smartest of the pillars. He did not have the athletic ability of the other three. But he had the brains to figure out how to play to his strengths to a level where he equaled and surpassed the other 3.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Tue May 17, 2016 12:02 pm

PKThree wrote:
ayaashm wrote: WOW. Agree to disagree on that one.
Taue was the smartest of the pillars. He did not have the athletic ability of the other three. But he had the brains to figure out how to play to his strengths to a level where he equaled and surpassed the other 3.

I agree he worked smart for his ability and got more time out of his career than the other three but I do not believe that he surpassed the other three. On his best day, you could maybe say he was equal to them but surpassing is out of the question. Just compare the quality of work, the reaction of crowds over several hundred matches and then tell me he surpassed them.
Lanza is a geek.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue May 17, 2016 12:58 pm

Taue being better than the other three pillars is a new thing that cropped up over the last couple of years. Nobody was saying that in real time, so it strikes me as one of those things were people are just tired of hearing the same regurgitated boring opinions for 20 years and have latched on to a new hot take.

I like Taue just fine. The other three blow him out of the water. They were so good, that this shouldn't even be read as an insult.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue May 17, 2016 1:38 pm

To me the guy who gets short changed historically is Akiyama. He was great literally immediately, and is still great today some 25 years later. I think it's easier to make a case that Akiyama is better than the three hyped pillars than Taue.