King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
PKThree

Re: King's Road - The All Japan Thread

Post by PKThree » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 pm

Leo C wrote:So what's up with the NicoPro move to YT or whatever? Are there not going to be AJPW Nico shows anymore or is this just a transition period?
The stuff that AJPW uploads to Nico is no longer on the drive. You can sub to nico on youtube to get access to those shows.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 pm

PKThree wrote:
Leo C wrote:So what's up with the NicoPro move to YT or whatever? Are there not going to be AJPW Nico shows anymore or is this just a transition period?
The stuff that AJPW uploads to Nico is no longer on the drive. You can sub to nico on youtube to get access to those shows.
Ah, OK. Cool. Thanks.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:32 pm

Evolution is falling apart. Joe Doering has left the group, and now Hikaru Sato at least wants a break from it.

Black Tiger 7's partner for Sumo Hall is revealed to be TAKA Michinoku, who is making a stop in All Japan for his 25th anniversary tour

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm

possibly big news

AJPW ARE GOING TO START AIRING ON THE FITE APP.

– The FITE App announced today that they have come to terms with All Japan Pro Wrestling to carry their events via the Fite App. The events will start this weekend with each show priced at $4.99 with unlimited replays included.

It's a pretty vague statement in regards to what will air on it but we can assume that it is just the modern stuff for now since the TV rights for the classical stuff is a minefield.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/various- ... ta-way-us/

WalkKingsRoad

Post by WalkKingsRoad » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:32 am

Can only take this as a "good financial status" move. Not that record breaking type of money but slowly slowly making a profit, doing more tours, bringing in more guys, rebuilding the roster. All hail Jun based god

Cabel

Post by Cabel » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:32 pm

First Fite shows will be New Year Wars this weekend and then the Junior Battle of Glory finals next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:20 pm

Great to see it is the current product even if it is select shows. Hopefully that means the money goes to AJPW at least in part

TNAmarkFromIndia

Post by TNAmarkFromIndia » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:30 pm

Are Fite going to add in English commentary?

Irving

Post by Irving » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:33 pm

AJPW "SUMMER EXPLOSION ~ 45th Anniversary Show", 8/27/17
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

0. Yusuke Okada vs. Keiichi Sato
1. Yohei Nakajima & Fuminori Abe vs. Takuya Nomura & Yuya Aoki
2. All Japan 45th Anniversary Memorial: Dory Funk Jr & Hiro Saito vs. Masanobu Fuchi & The Great Kabuki
3. LAND'S END vs. Multi-Nation Alliance: Ryoji Sai, Masakado & Ishinriki vs. Massimo, Danny Jones & Sam Adonis
4. !BANG TV! World Heavyweight Title - Battle Royal: Osamu Nishimura (c), Naoshi Sano, Yutaka Yoshie, Abdullah Kobayashi & Rikiya Fudo
5. Yuma Aoyagi vs. Taichi
6. Caristico vs. El Diamante
7. All Japan 45th Anniversary Special: Jun Akiyama, Takao Omori, Minoru Tanaka & Koji Iwamoto vs. Joe Doering, Zeus, The Bodyguard & Kotaro Suzuki
8. All Asia Tag Team Title: Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato (c) vs. Black Tiger VII & TAKA Michinoku
9. World Jr. Heavyweight Title: TAJIRI (c) vs. Ultimo Dragon
10. World Tag Team Title: Naoya Nomura & KAI vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi
11. Suwama vs. Satoshi Kojima
12. Triple Crown Heavyweight Title: Shuji Ishikawa (c) vs. Kento Miyahara

Gerard

Post by Gerard » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:00 am

Lol I wonder if Adonis will be working his pro-Trump gimmick in Japan.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:15 pm

I thought Akiyama/Omori for the GAORA TV title was on this show. What happened?

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:53 pm

The Sumo Hall card is almost as wacky as last years, but feels more coherent. Looks like a fun show. A long show, but fun

Jacob's Bawks

Post by Jacob's Bawks » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:33 pm

Leo C wrote:I thought Akiyama/Omori for the GAORA TV title was on this show. What happened?
It's happening at the Gaora TV Taping on 8/11. The show will air on the 25th so we should barely have enough time to watch it before Ryogoku starts. SamuraiTV is airing the Ryogoku show this time so no GAORA Title defense.

Sumo Hall show looks very good. A lot of fun possibilities and looks like less skippable matches this time around. Not sure how the Jr match and both tag title matches will hold up (more skeptical about the Jr match) but they've got my attention. Eight man looks crazy and I hope they take the time to advance some stories with Doering and hopefully Suzuki. Really, only match that doesn't grab me is the LAND'S END match but it's more to do with not being familiar with most of the participants.

Not sure about watching live but I'll gladly watch it in one sitting when it comes up on the RH Drive.
I dunno what I'm doing but come follow me on Twitter @Jacobs_Bawks

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:42 am

Jacob's Bawks wrote:
Leo C wrote:I thought Akiyama/Omori for the GAORA TV title was on this show. What happened?
It's happening at the Gaora TV Taping on 8/11. The show will air on the 25th so we should barely have enough time to watch it before Ryogoku starts. SamuraiTV is airing the Ryogoku show this time so no GAORA Title defense.

Sumo Hall show looks very good. A lot of fun possibilities and looks like less skippable matches this time around. Not sure how the Jr match and both tag title matches will hold up (more skeptical about the Jr match) but they've got my attention. Eight man looks crazy and I hope they take the time to advance some stories with Doering and hopefully Suzuki. Really, only match that doesn't grab me is the LAND'S END match but it's more to do with not being familiar with most of the participants.

Not sure about watching live but I'll gladly watch it in one sitting when it comes up on the RH Drive.
I see. Makes sense.

The card looks very fun to me as well. Looking forward to Dory and Kabuki working together again. I'm actually not dreading Aoyagi and Taichi, given that Yuma gets his win back and we don't get Taichi challenging for the Jr. title or something. Haven't really heard of El Diamante, but the lucha match will probably be a fine change of pace. The 8-man has a very good chance of being awesome. I like the coalition of shitty heel stables in SZKG and Dark Nightmare coming together to chase the All Asia Tag Titles, I could even see them winning to be honest. I'm actually pumped for Tajiri/Ultimo, I've always thought Ultimo has been underutilized in recent times considering how well he can work even at his age. I'm really bummed about Jake as we all are and thus I'm not that high on the tag title match as I originally was but these guys should still be able to put on a great match. Final two matches will be great, I'm hoping for Kojima to get heavily booed, win and challenge for the TC a while down the road.

Dragonzombie

Post by Dragonzombie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:09 pm

Not sure if Dark Nightmare even exists at this point. Evolution itself is just a two man tag at this point as well.