NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
mancraig

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by mancraig » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:25 pm

So I have not watched any of the young boy opener matches that Rich and Joe have raved about on the podcasts featuring Finlay, etc. Can you guys recommend me 1 or 2 matches from these guys? Thanks.

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

This Finlay vs. White match was pretty good http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00346_1_01

rollup

Post by rollup » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:20 am

there was a Sho tanaka vs tiger mask match that was good

miles

Post by miles » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:59 pm

Does anyone think that there is a chance Kamaitachi returns and becomes BUSHI's tag partner?

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:18 am

Wonder if it might be the opposite, that the tease of multiple people coming from Japan to CMLL soon isn't both rookies, but Komatsu and BUSHI. Maybe even Naito too. Could payoff the Komatsu/Ingobernables tease, would fit with Bushi winning the title (even Dorada wins it back at FM, there's value in doing a rubber match in Arena Mexico), and Bushi seems unlikely to have a big role on the NJPW/ROH shows or to be in the NJ Cup so he could hang around for a while without being missed - especially if Goto or Kamaitachi or someone else is joining Naito's Ingobernables to keep up the numbers. Bushi likes Mexico enough to visit even when he's not booked, so he probably wouldn't mind going for a while. The biggest hold up is it's been ages since a NJPW non-Young Lion has come to CMLL for any extended period of time.

Statoke

Post by Statoke » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:37 pm

Anyone been having playback issues with World? Live seems to be fine but watching the VoDs is getting impossible.
HEAT UP SUPERFAN! BEST OF HEAT UP

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:24 pm

Statoke wrote:Anyone been having playback issues with World? Live seems to be fine but watching the VoDs is getting impossible.
I had a major problem with it for a really long time (see my old thread about buffering issues re: NJPW World - Europe based). I ended up trying a $5 a month DNS service via Overplay, and ever since doing that I have never had a single problem live or VOD with NJPW World. Watched a bunch of VOD stuff today, no problems. This leads me to believe it is an ISP problem and not an NJPW World problem, but I don't know for sure.

wac

Post by wac » Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:36 pm

Statoke wrote:Anyone been having playback issues with World? Live seems to be fine but watching the VoDs is getting impossible.
I think I posted about it in the WK10 thread, but yeah the buffering for VOD is not good right now.

rollup

Post by rollup » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:57 am

wac wrote:
I think I posted about it in the WK10 thread, but yeah the buffering for VOD is not good right now.

its fine with my internet

Tigerkinney

Post by Tigerkinney » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:37 am

wac wrote:

I've been intermittently suffering the same problems with the VOD. Particularly frustrating for me as I've been trying to work my way through the entire archive (some of you may have checked out my review thread on this) .

Sometimes completely restarting my computer seems to work and the video will play fine after that, other times though it just seems to be stuck in Bufferfuck City and after several reloads I frustratingly have to give up. The buffering issues have been halting my progress with my NJPW History project. Right now I'm about half way through 1989 and I honestly think I would have been finished with that year by now if it wasn't for constantly having to restart videos or being forced to come back to them later.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:45 am

I want to see Fale vs. Okada for the strap at The New Beginning. Their Sumo Hall blow-off match was excellent and a next one can only get better.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:57 pm

Chismo wrote:I want to see Fale vs. Okada for the strap at The New Beginning. Their Sumo Hall blow-off match was excellent and a next one can only get better.
Wouldn't mind this at all, as Fale is a guy who has grown on me and has shown that he can be carried by better people.

The problem, is Fale's Dome match doesn't seem to be a very good setup. Obviously his side could easily lose, but even if they win, with the trios titles at stake, that sort of points to him being occupied with that.

Also, I can hear it now... "Okada facing Fale again post Wrestle Kingdom? Gedo is the worst and should be burned with fire."

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:05 pm

They can always book a random 8-man tag for New Year's Dash and have Fale pin Okada again. Deja vu, boom!

ceftaxias

Post by ceftaxias » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:05 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:Also, I can hear it now... "Okada facing Fale again post Wrestle Kingdom? Gedo is the worst and should be burned with fire."
You know that's coming regardless.

Splash

Re: RE: Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Splash » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Chismo wrote:They can always book a random 8-man tag for New Year's Dash and have Fale pin Okada again. Deja vu, boom!
Good play off last year, I like it. As long as its not Naito. Too early for that match up.