NJPW (Discussion)

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
User avatar
ayaashm
Posts: 740
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:19 am
Location: Kashmir
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by ayaashm » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:00 am

My Top 10 BoSJ :- (Without the finals)
1) THE MATCH
2) KUSHI x O'Reilly
3)KUSHI x Taguchi
4) Sydal x O'Reilly
5)KUSHI x Sydal
6)Will x Beretta
7)Ricochet x Volador Jr.
8)Gedo x Romero
9)KUSHI x Gedo
10) Will x Volador Jr.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

User avatar
jesse
Posts: 360
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:47 am
Location: usa
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by jesse » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:17 am

saviorofstrongstyle wrote:With the G1/Dome discussions on going, it has been awhile since they had someone lose their title shot post winning G1, right? This could be a year that they do this. Give Shibata the G1 win. Have him lose the Dome title shot to Okada or Naito depending on how things play out. That way, Okada doesn't become a 3 time G1 winner already and they give the last new gen musketeer Shibata his G1 win finally.
But I don't know. Things will maybe become more clear once we see the blocks.

They've never had someone lose their shot. It would be better if someone like SANADA won the G1 then Okada beats them.

You
  • give a huge push to the newest heavyweight guy you have
  • continue CHAOS vs LIJ
  • don't hurt SANADA in the least by having him lose
  • start the Okada vs SANADA program as they're the same age
Or what they should do is get rid of the G1 winner gets the WK main event crap because it's not very good anyway. Have the winner get the next title shot.
pro twitter trolling: @peskyyy

User avatar
saviorofstrongstyle
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:16 am

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:54 am

jesse wrote:
They've never had someone lose their shot. It would be better if someone like SANADA won the G1 then Okada beats them.

You
  • give a huge push to the newest heavyweight guy you have
  • continue CHAOS vs LIJ
  • don't hurt SANADA in the least by having him lose
  • start the Okada vs SANADA program as they're the same age
Or what they should do is get rid of the G1 winner gets the WK main event crap because it's not very good anyway. Have the winner get the next title shot.
Ah, you are right, I thought Naito had lost his shot, but it wasn't his shot at the title he lost, he lost his spot in the main event at the Dome due to Nak Vs Tana being voted as the main event instead or whatever.

I also agree, they should get rid of the G1 winner gets WK main event business as well.

The Sanada scenario you mention would be good and interesting.

User avatar
rovert
Posts: 2839
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 am

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by rovert » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:17 am




User avatar
DXvsNWO
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:30 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:32 am

I'm annoyed that, with the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles, they're basically doing a rematch from The Tokyo Dome (screams lazy booking), but at least they added a twist on it by making it an Elimination Match.
Image

User avatar
JB Gremlin
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by JB Gremlin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:57 am

Getting the belts off of GoD so they don't have to put them in the g1?

Dominion was my show of the year last year, this card has the potential to do it again with 5 potential show stealers. And I'm interested how the Jr tag plays out if kyle, at least, is going heavy...

User avatar
Shining Wiz
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:32 pm
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Shining Wiz » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:00 pm

I thought Yoshi Hashi was going to get a singles match with Sanada. Maybe he's not in line for a G1 spot.

And where is Honma?

User avatar
FilipPejic
Posts: 245
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 pm
Location: Parts Unknown
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:46 pm

Hopefully The Briscoes can get a good match out of the GOD and hopefully Page will have a good debut
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

User avatar
Alan4L
Posts: 534
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:15 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Alan4L » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:54 pm

wac wrote:What's the best CHAOS/Ingobernables tag of the last few months?
ones that stand out in my mind are the March 27 Korakuen trios, the Naito/EVIL vs Ishii/Goto tag at Korakuen a few weeks later and the 5/29 and 6/5 matches in BOSJ

User avatar
Danwaka
Posts: 843
Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 8:15 pm
Location: Amman, Jordan

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Danwaka » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:24 pm

Shining Wiz wrote:I thought Yoshi Hashi was going to get a singles match with Sanada. Maybe he's not in line for a G1 spot.

And where is Honma?
Honma's got an elbow injury and went away to get surgery. As for YOSHI-HASHI, I'm kind of expecting their showdown to be at Kizuna Road or during the G1.

User avatar
Buzz Sawyer
Posts: 519
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Can't wait to see on how Jay White looks in ROH.
Who's Rob Viper ?

User avatar
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin
Posts: 2174
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:12 pm
Location: Wheaton, IL
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:27 pm

jesse wrote:
saviorofstrongstyle wrote:With the G1/Dome discussions on going, it has been awhile since they had someone lose their title shot post winning G1, right? This could be a year that they do this. Give Shibata the G1 win. Have him lose the Dome title shot to Okada or Naito depending on how things play out. That way, Okada doesn't become a 3 time G1 winner already and they give the last new gen musketeer Shibata his G1 win finally.
But I don't know. Things will maybe become more clear once we see the blocks.

They've never had someone lose their shot. It would be better if someone like SANADA won the G1 then Okada beats them.

You
  • give a huge push to the newest heavyweight guy you have
  • continue CHAOS vs LIJ
  • don't hurt SANADA in the least by having him lose
  • start the Okada vs SANADA program as they're the same age
Or what they should do is get rid of the G1 winner gets the WK main event crap because it's not very good anyway. Have the winner get the next title shot.
The downside to this is doesn't Okada look like a chump? He loses the title to Naito, loses in Naito's first defense. Doesn't win G1 and has to beat someone to get the shot. I don't know, I guess you could make it a good story but it's not very glamourous.

User avatar
wac
Posts: 772
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:54 pm

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by wac » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:23 pm

Alan4L wrote:
wac wrote:What's the best CHAOS/Ingobernables tag of the last few months?
ones that stand out in my mind are the March 27 Korakuen trios, the Naito/EVIL vs Ishii/Goto tag at Korakuen a few weeks later and the 5/29 and 6/5 matches in BOSJ
Thanks!

User avatar
K. Hare
Posts: 403
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:25 am
Location: Collegeville, PA

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by K. Hare » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:08 am

G1 announcement isn't at Dominion, it is at Korakuen the 27th

User avatar
InYourCase
VOW Staff Member
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 pm
Location: Lanza's Dojo
Contact:

Re: Strong Style Spirit - New Japan catch all thread

Post by InYourCase » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:11 am

Buzz Sawyer wrote:Can't wait to see on how Jay White looks in ROH.
Can't wait to see Will Ferrera pin him in six-man mayhems

Post Reply