The JOSHI thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Chismo

Re: The JOSHI thread

Post by Chismo » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:12 pm

DylanZero wrote:RE: Non Stardom Matches: The aforementioned Shida vs. Mio Shirai ICE Infinity title from January, Mio vs Io Shirai from MIO 2 in February, Hikaru Shida vs. Ayako Hamada from WAVE in February, Kana/Arisa Nakajima vs. Syuri Kondo/Shida again from Kana Pro in February for the REINA tag titles. Aya Mizunami vs Yuki Ohka from that same show as Shida/Hamada (This is rated well by Joshi fans but I personally wasn't as big a fan), Meiko Satomura vs Kyoko Kimura from Sendai Girls in March, there was a 6 woman tag from the OZ Academy ZEN show in May I thought was really good featuring teams captained by Shida & Manami Toyota respectively, & Arisa Nakajima vs Mio Shirai from MIO 4 last month was really great. &...that's about all I can think of. 8's a good number right?
Thanks a lot. If you think of more, let me know pls.

tctc12

Post by tctc12 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:45 am

DylanZero wrote:
tctc12 wrote:I've heard she's retiring due to her parent's fear of injury. I've also heard she's just taking a break for school and will be back soon enough. At this point, I wish Rossy would just be up front about it so there isn't so much speculation. I like Starfire a lot more than some do but she isn't the same quality as Koguma was in the ring so the girl is missed and the high speed division needs more participants at this point.
I'm with you, brother. I hope she comes back and is well regardless of whether it's fear of injury or school. Also if it's true she should come out to "Parents Just Don't Understand" as her theme. The roster definitely could use some fresh blood. Obviously the top gals (Kana, Syuri, etc.) and it may be tricky nabbing anyone from Ice Ribbon, but there must be some of these REINA girls or even lower on the indies that would make the jump.

I have a close friend in Mexico who is friends with Starfire (Friend's name is Athena) and even designed some of her shirts she wore on her first trip to Japan. She's a very nice girl and I'm behind her due to bias. But I saw her wrestle a few years ago when she was first starting and she was really REALLY bad. I'm sure some old pics of her are online somewhere but she looked a lot worse too, you could tell it wasn't good. So I would tell those people that dislike her that she's improved greatly from where she was in a relatively short time and worked really hard so she'll probably get better and better and will win some folks over. Still do agree she's no Koguma though.
rovert wrote:Watch very little Joshi but have gotten into watching STARDOM recently thanks to Kevin Wilson's reviews and wanting monitor Nikki Storm's progress. I do know WWE gave a few of their wrestlers a tryout/look this weekend. Hikaru Shida and Nikki Storm being the main two names I heard. But at least Chelsea and Melissa went to a WWE show. While Hojo and Rossy took pictures with Paige.

Let rumours commence.
If Shida goes to WWE...what does it mean for the ass train? Chelsea or Melissa would be good additions for them, doubt anything comes of any of this though. Especially for native Joshis.
Would be surprised if Kana went to STARDOM anytime soon. I think STARDOM is going to have problems with some of these big-time joshi talents who don't want to go to a promotion that is seen as more of an "idol" promotion as compared to a more traditional JWP or Ice Ribbon. At the same time, strong workers like Io, Kairi, Mayu, Nikki Storm and Meiko are proving that STARDOM can put up fantastic matches with the best of the promotions so maybe the perception will change and more big talents will go there.

Good to hear about Starfire, she seems like a pretty hard worker and very humble from what I've seen from her.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:42 pm

Thought to be a WWE Performance Centre tryout:

Also

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:19 pm

I watched most of the matches from DylanZero's non-Stardom list (thanks again, btw), and yeah, they're all good at least, I especially dug Kimura vs. Satomura 20 min draw, it was such a nasty, gritty smackfest, loved it. Mizunami/Ohka ruled as well, first time watching both ladies.

DylanZero

Post by DylanZero » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Hikaru Shida vs Arisa Nakajima from the recent JWP show just hit online. Haven't got a chance to watch it yet but it looks pretty sweet considering who's involved.
Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

http://www.mlwradio.com/eastern-lariat.html - Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling Podcast (w/cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

JML

Post by JML » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Finally sat down and watched the Galaxy Stars show yesterday and I was really entertained. I haven't watched Joshi in a long time and this show was a good one to watch.

The Hojo vs Satomura match was really good and deserves all the praise that it's getting and I'm gonna seek out more Hojo and Satomura off the strength of that match.

The only time I've seen Satomura was when she was a teenager in WCW and when she drop kicked that one girl in the Gaea Girls Documentary.

benjaminkicks

Post by benjaminkicks » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:48 pm

I'm itching to see the Hojo/Satomura rematch from Stardom's Korakuen Hall show yesterday. Hopefully it makes it's way online soon. I can't wait to check it out.

JML

Post by JML » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:22 pm

benjaminkicks wrote:I'm itching to see the Hojo/Satomura rematch from Stardom's Korakuen Hall show yesterday. Hopefully it makes it's way online soon. I can't wait to check it out.
Me too but I accidentally saw a photo that spoiled the outcome. When I saw the 1st match yesterday, I knew nothing about it.

benjaminkicks

Post by benjaminkicks » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:50 am

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1gYqBgXyMCt9xciZh0

The new 7/26 Hojo/Satomura World of Stardom Championship match just made it's way online, and it's quite good.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:30 pm

benjaminkicks wrote:http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1gYqBgXyMCt9xciZh0

The new 7/26 Hojo/Satomura World of Stardom Championship match just made it's way online, and it's quite good.
Looks like it's been taken down already.

benjaminkicks

Post by benjaminkicks » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:26 pm

Really? It's still working for me.

JML

Post by JML » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:11 pm

benjaminkicks wrote:Really? It's still working for me.
I'll look at it when I get home. Right now I'm on my phone trying to watch it.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:11 pm

If it isn;t working anymore usually Kevin is good about getting stuff back up.

Kevin Wilson

Post by Kevin Wilson » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:21 pm

I didn't know I had my own thread.

It is still up, I have it as 'private' so in theory it should be safe from random sweep deletions from Sky Italia.

JML

Post by JML » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:59 pm

It's still up and the match was very good. I felt like the first match was an overall better match but the rematch had more memorable moments.

Also, did they draw a better crowd cause of this match or was it the Shirai Sisters?