The JOSHI thread

Talk Puro, Lucha, Europe and "I FOLLOWED WRESTLING IN AUSTRALIA/PACIFIC ISLANDS/CARIBBEAN/AFRICA"
Irving

Re: The JOSHI thread

Post by Irving » Sun Dec 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Yeah don't follow that I was more so referring to here. She will be missed had some amazing matches.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:54 pm

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 pm

If anyone hasn't watched it yet, Io vs Mayu is one of the best matches of the year and perhaps the best joshi match I've seen all year. Highly recommend it and I gave it ****3/4
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

themib

Post by themib » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:54 pm

The top two matches are set for the January 15th Korakuen Hall show - a rematch between Io Shirai and Viper for the World of STARDOM Title, and Kairi Hojo & Yoko Bito vs. Kay Lee Ray & Nixon Newell for the Goddesses of STARDOM Titles.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:12 pm

themib

Post by themib » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Can't wait to see Hojo vs. Newell - if given time, that'll be goddamn excellent!

Lawsoncomedy

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:06 pm

Did anyone check out Aja Kong vs Chihiro Hashimoto? I need someone with Sendai Girls knowledge to give me some background on this.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Toni Storm's next SWA Title defence will be on February 4th against Viper.

stienerontheforklift

Post by stienerontheforklift » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:01 pm

The STARDOM anniversary Korakuen show was okay, the last two matches are only really worth seeking out. Might be the best Viper match I've seen, but that's the magic of Io for you. It's seems like they're pushing Momo which is great, but Kyona is eating pins for breakfast at the moment. Fucking Baszler pinning her made me extremely upset.

Does anyone know what happened to Starlight Kid? She was good and seemed like a promising prospect, but she disappeared off the face of the earth a while back. Bit weird.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Did anyone check out Aja Kong vs Chihiro Hashimoto? I need someone with Sendai Girls knowledge to give me some background on this.
Aja beat Chihiro in one of her early matches last year (which was a good match). Fast forward to November 2015 with Chihiro is the champ now. Meiko wanted a rematch but Aja wanted a title shot since she's beaten her before. Meiko and Aja have a number one contenders match at Hakata Lanes with Aja winning setting up this match.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Lawsoncomedy wrote:Did anyone check out Aja Kong vs Chihiro Hashimoto? I need someone with Sendai Girls knowledge to give me some background on this.
Aja beat Chihiro in one of her early matches last year (which was a good match). Fast forward to November 2015 with Chihiro is the champ now. Meiko wanted a rematch but Aja wanted a title shot since she's beaten her before. Meiko and Aja have a number one contenders match at Hakata Lanes with Aja winning setting up this match.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm

stienerontheforklift wrote:The STARDOM anniversary Korakuen show was okay, the last two matches are only really worth seeking out. Might be the best Viper match I've seen, but that's the magic of Io for you. It's seems like they're pushing Momo which is great, but Kyona is eating pins for breakfast at the moment. Fucking Baszler pinning her made me extremely upset.

Does anyone know what happened to Starlight Kid? She was good and seemed like a promising prospect, but she disappeared off the face of the earth a while back. Bit weird.
She did a run in at the December show. Don't know for sure but you have to think that she's still a kid so they have to go to school so that probably takes up her time. Even Momo still goes school as well.

themib

Post by themib » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:18 am

Really enjoyed Hojo vs. Newell for its limb work, it was focused and it mattered at the end of the match with the damage to Newell's knee meaning more than what damage Hojo took to her arm. There was one dive, but the match centered more on heavy striking, which Nixon doesn't usually do in her UK matches other than the headbutt she does. It's a shame that this will likely be the only major Joshi singles match she has in Japan, but it was a heck of a good one.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:02 am

Knew it before, but had it established right in front of me last night - Meiko Satomura is goddarn amazing. She managed to get an elite level match out of Sammii Jayne, someone I haven't seen work to that standard before. The realism she puts into her work is incredible, and she's a very nice lady as well.

Planet

Post by Planet » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:28 am

Deng that Chihiro Hashimoto/Aja Kong was good. Hashimoto tries to opening by rolling Aja around but makes a mistake of confidence and starts striking. Kong takes advantage and starts beating on her in and out of the ring. Eventually Chihiro is able to start tossing her. Kong realizes she'd lose a power for power fight and has to work smarter than the young champion. There's a feint spot where Kong tricks Hashimoto with a grapevine leg lock. Hashimoto is about to finish her off but Kong barely escapes and hits a backfist to finish the fight.

Leaves you wanting more and doesn't push too far, very good