Colt Cabana

Nominations for The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever project
BITW3589

Colt Cabana

Post by BITW3589 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:08 pm

One of the best at mixing comedy into his matches without it coming off as corny. He can also be in intense and violent feuds when it's needed, the best example of this was his feud with Homicide.

mlev76

Re: Colt Cabana

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:42 pm

Can't believe no one has seconded my fellow MOT Colt.

Colt brought the funny and great wrestling throughout both his first two runs with the company. He also had one of the best personas in the early days when ROH guys didn't necessarily have tons of personality being shown off.

Plus, when I was first getting into youtube, he had these two music videos which I watched incessantly:

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Strictly ROH-speaking, he belongs. Very important character within the history of the company. Probably deserved a lot better than he got.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:46 pm

It's easy to forget how important he was in the Generico/Steen feud, but he might make my because of that and stuff like it.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:30 am

The reason why I got into ring of honor was because of Colt Cabana
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:52 am

Greatly underplayed part in ROH's early years. A very important cog in the machine that was the undercard

JML

Colt Cabana

Post by JML » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:58 am

He was needed in ROH to break up the seriousness of the shows. I enjoyed the Homicide feud and showed he had the chops to be serious when needed. Might be in my top 50.

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:52 am

Cabana is probably in my T10 favorite ROH workers. Love his comedy style, whilst he can still work very well.

DylanWaco

Post by DylanWaco » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:08 am

Roughly as likable as Nigel, BUT he was central to the rise and development of several major ROH talents and matches. Schticky Colt peaked in ROH and also descended into the depths of hell there, but he had some great brawls in the promotion, and at times has been an excellent promo. Kind of feels like a the shittiest possible version of Arn Anderson in the context of ROH history, but the shittiest possible Arn Anderson still might be enough for an ROH top fifty.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:42 pm

Didn't realize this at first but Colt will work his 20th match this year with ROH at Final Battle.

I liked his work with Lethal a lot more than I thought I would. Both Global Wars and the TV match are really good.

Easily on the list, still working on where he tiers. Are there any feuds post 2006 that are worth reviewing?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:39 am

BradPTBN wrote:Didn't realize this at first but Colt will work his 20th match this year with ROH at Final Battle.

I liked his work with Lethal a lot more than I thought I would. Both Global Wars and the TV match are really good.

Easily on the list, still working on where he tiers. Are there any feuds post 2006 that are worth reviewing?
I agree with you on the match with Lethal from TV. That was really good. I haven't gotten the chance to see his Ringmaster's Challenge with Lethal from Duluth yet.

I would say that, although he wasn't the primary character in the feud, he was an important part of the Kevin Steen/El Generico story (along with Steve Corino). That was probably his biggest feud in ROH between 2007 and his return this year.

Zubazkid

Post by Zubazkid » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:24 am

Colt's my favorite comedy wrestler of all time. His character is basically just a goofball, the class clown instead of an actual clown or dancing wannabe rapper or something. I think that made it a lot easier to transition into more serious stuff both in the course of a match and the course of a feud. The progression of the Homicide feud was great. He's easiy on the list to me.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:40 pm

His importance is really measured during his time away under WWE. The shows lost his distinct style since Sapolsky failed to replace him with Human Tornado.