Wrestling Omakase #73: WWE Year in Review 2018 w/ Jack, Lawson, Kelly & Suit

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
IIDXias

Wrestling Omakase #73: WWE Year in Review 2018 w/ Jack, Lawson, Kelly & Suit

Post by IIDXias » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:22 pm

It's that time of year again on Omakase: Year in Review season! Each week we'll be tackling a different promotion (or type of wrestling), highlighting shows and matches you may have missed that are worth checking out, discussing major title reigns and other storylines, and otherwise just recapping the year that was in that company. Plus, we discuss contenders from the company for the various Observer-style awards, including WOTY, Most Outstanding, Best Major Show, Match of the Year, and more! This week it's WWE; next week we'll cover the wide world of Joshi. For the full (tentative) schedule, see here.

Yes folks, World Wrestling Entertainment is this week's topic on Omakase. I'm joined by returning guests and VOW contributors Jack (@packerman120), Lawson (@LawsonComedy89), Kelly (@comicgeekelly) & Suit (@SuitWilliams) as we break down a year that you certainly couldn't call boring. We spend a while on all the major PPVs, running them down and discussing what (if anything) was worth watching. Once that's out of the way we talk the NXT Takeovers, TV shows (although full disclosure, everyone kind of forgot NXT UK existed), etc. Finally we wrap things up with our picks of who, if anyone, should be considered major award contenders from the fed, and then a robust mailbag featuring a lot of listener questions. This was an almost shockingly fun episode to record, so I hope you'll enjoy listening to it as well!

BlizzardAcolyte

Re: Wrestling Omakase #73: WWE Year in Review 2018 w/ Jack, Lawson, Kelly & Suit

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:11 pm

Have only listened to the intro, and I was surprised by the choice of opening music--I figured you would have used that funeral march that gets played at the beginning of Live and Let Die. Can't wait for the rest, love ya Lawson! (although Kelly's "do you watch the TV? Oh God no" response is an awesome start.)

EDIT: How does John end up in someone's dream? Well, you have self-professed as a weeb. Some people dig weebs, I find...

Danwaka

Re: Wrestling Omakase #73: WWE Year in Review 2018 w/ Jack, Lawson, Kelly & Suit

Post by Danwaka » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 pm

Loved this combo of people on the podcast. Real nice energy to it, and taking a dump on mediocre WWE TV never hurts. Maybe try it again with WWE at the half-year mark and then again at the end-year mark in 2019?

packerman120

Post by packerman120 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:02 am

Danwaka wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:57 pm
Loved this combo of people on the podcast. Real nice energy to it, and taking a dump on mediocre WWE TV never hurts. Maybe try it again with WWE at the half-year mark and then again at the end-year mark in 2019?
If John's interested, it's definitely something I'd do again. Incredibly fun time.