December (Nominations)

Callum_Leslie

Re: December (Nominations)

Post by Callum_Leslie » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:02 pm

BillThompson wrote:
Callum_Leslie wrote:
BillThompson wrote:You guys are the first I've heard (I don't count Greenfield whose opinion holds no weight with me) be high on the ZSJ/Ciampa match. Most of the feedback I've gotten is that it was terrible for the most part, with a hot end run. Best praise I've heard is that it was okay, but incredibly flawed. And that's coming from people who usually think the exact opposite of me when it comes to wrestling,
Well, it was voted #2 MOTY by the PROGRESS fans.
Yeah, but PROGRESS fans are right up there with NXT fans when it comes to seeing their promotion through entirely rose colored glasses.
That's a little unfair, but the fact that they rated it above all but one other match this entire year should say something?

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:39 pm

Eh, from what I've read, seen, and heard PROGRESS fans are very "We are the best promotion, we do no wrong." Which makes for hot crowds, but not exactly honest crowds.

I'll see the match at some point I'm sure, and I'm hoping it ends up being great, I just find the divergent views interesting.

Alan4L

Post by Alan4L » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:28 pm

his point is that it's comparing the matches against other PROGRESS matches so any promotional bias would be irrelevant.